M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a shout out for Cities Edge in Shakopee. They are absolutely top notch to work with. They went to bat for me on my loose rear rotor a few years ago and got it covered under warranty, even after it was expired. Since then I've done a good deal of business with them and they have always taken care of me. The will beat anyones prices (even online prices) on almost anything.
Great guys, great service. Too often you only hear the bad, today you hear the good.
Bring your business there, you will not regret it. If your looking for parts, talk to Joe and tell him that Rich (the M109 guy) sent you.

:bigthumbsup::super::super::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I wish I lived closer. I'm sick of the Hitching Post in SSP. My bike is sitting there right now.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I lived closer. I'm sick of the Hitching Post in SSP. My bike is sitting there right now.
What happened Craig?? Did you get it back yet?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rich you are so right on this one. I have been doing business with Cities Edge for many years (back to the chaska days) Heck that is where i bought my nine form in 08. They got me a helmet that they don't even carry and price matched the best online price i could find. I will always give Cities Edge first shot on any motorsports purchase i need to make!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
What happened Craig?? Did you get it back yet?
Finally got it back last night. :p It would have been 3 weeks today since i dropped it off.

For the first time Hitching post impressed me.

Final outcome
Completed Valve adjustment - Main reason I brought it in for. I was over due with 16K miles on the bike.

Replaced Valve cover gaskets - They claimed they were leaking. This was the major hold up. Waiting on parts. They said it would have been close to $100 just for the gaskets if I didn't have the warranty. I guess there were 8 O-rings included in this. At one point when I talked to them they said they only received 6. I wonder if someone messed up the order at HP.

Replaced part of Clutch under warranty - Last year I complained about the Chattering when releasing the clutch and how the bike jumps forward. Last year after playing with it for a few days they were able to replicate it and talked to Suzuki and they told them to replace the outer and inner discs and 2 other rings. Problem came back again this year. They talked to the rep again and they said there was no new fix so replaced the parts again.

What shocked me is they ended up not charging me anything. They claim it was because it took so long. My feeling is that the warranty covered most of the work because of the valve cover leak that I didn't even know I had and it wasn't much extra work to do the adjustment at that point.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got it back last night. :p It would have been 3 weeks today since i dropped it off.

For the first time Hitching post impressed me.

Final outcome
Completed Valve adjustment - Main reason I brought it in for. I was over due with 16K miles on the bike.

Replaced Valve cover gaskets - They claimed they were leaking. This was the major hold up. Waiting on parts. They said it would have been close to $100 just for the gaskets if I didn't have the warranty. I guess there were 8 O-rings included in this. At one point when I talked to them they said they only received 6. I wonder if someone messed up the order at HP.

Replaced part of Clutch under warranty - Last year I complained about the Chattering when releasing the clutch and how the bike jumps forward. Last year after playing with it for a few days they were able to replicate it and talked to Suzuki and they told them to replace the outer and inner discs and 2 other rings. Problem came back again this year. They talked to the rep again and they said there was no new fix so replaced the parts again.

What shocked me is they ended up not charging me anything. They claim it was because it took so long. My feeling is that the warranty covered most of the work because of the valve cover leak that I didn't even know I had and it wasn't much extra work to do the adjustment at that point.
That sounds like they did you right. Good deal. Are we riding on Wednesday?????????? How was the Brickyard?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts