M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
last thursday, a dumb biatch ran into my bike while i was inside the store to get a sprite and cigarettes, i did not see the bike go down, it's a customer that saw it, she damaged the left flasher wich almost ripped out, she damaged the fender (scratches and scrapes), on the right side the muffler is scratched and dented at several places from one end to the other, bented the bracket for the foot rest, the rear brake lever and scraped the chrome end cap of the handle bar :(

spoke with my insurance broker this morning, he told me her insurance is paying for everything and i don't have to pay a deductible, he's going to send me a claims adjuster at the dealer, i already went to the dealer and they saw the exhaust and told me it would have to be replaced :(

now, this is the pipe i would like to have, but i'm not sure if the cops around here are gonna ticket me or shoot me!!! so i'll probably have to settle for something less loud, but it would be so cool! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=U1oxBluFBeU&feature=related

·
Radio Active Member
22,664 Posts
That pipe isn't made or sold here as far as I know. It's made by one of our Australian members and I don't think he's on here anymore.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, but it's good they are covering everything. You might talk the dealer into substituting another pipe you like for the stock pipes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Zoom is correct that was one of us Ozzy guys but have not heard from him in a long time.

I made a similar exhaust using the original header pipes, i cut the front pipes at the cat converter (don't know if you guys run them) welded in a piece of 3inch pipe and attached a yoshi muffler. really nice sound not too loud.
View attachment 18332 View attachment 18333

·
Registered
161 Posts
For living in the same area as you, I would avoid this type...

First and foremost because you'll never be able to ride without being pulled over!

Also because more and more communities are starting to ban motorcycles because of loud pipes. I don't know if this is also becoming a problem in the USA, but we've got entire villages up north (tourist places) where no bikes are allowed on the main streets (because of abuse in the past) and even in the cities, some neighborhoods have those laws too...

Just a thought...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For living in the same area as you, I would avoid this type...

First and foremost because you'll never be able to ride without being pulled over!

Also because more and more communities are starting to ban motorcycles because of loud pipes. I don't know if this is also becoming a problem in the USA, but we've got entire villages up north (tourist places) where no bikes are allowed on the main streets (because of abuse in the past) and even in the cities, some neighborhoods have those laws too...

Just a thought...
when i worked for west island towing, there was a company that modified cars not too far and they would test their cars in the streets and drive us nuts with the loud exhaust so one day i went in the street to stop the car and told him his pipes were too loud and that we could barely hear our phones or radios, so the guy said no problem, then he hit a switch and the noise gradually went down! it's like an electric baffle or something like that, it would be cool to do this to bikes, but it would be hard to hide. :(

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
when i worked for west island towing, there was a company that modified cars not too far and they would test their cars in the streets and drive us nuts with the loud exhaust so one day i went in the street to stop the car and told him his pipes were too loud and that we could barely hear our phones or radios, so the guy said no problem, then he hit a switch and the noise gradually went down! it's like an electric baffle or something like that, it would be cool to do this to bikes, but it would be hard to hide. :(
Electric muffler bypass. We actually have the set valve in the stock exhaust that works kinda the same way but it's really there for back pressure.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Jekyll and Hyde exhaust does just what you say for our 9's....push of a button-open pipes, push button again-baffled pipes.

Not available in the US but not to say it couldn't be gotten around.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jekyll and Hyde exhaust does just what you say for our 9's....push of a button-open pipes, push button again-baffled pipes.

Not available in the US but not to say it couldn't be gotten around.:bigthumbsup:
do they have a web site?? would be something to look at, i think it would be fun to pass by the cops and they don't hear nothing, then turn a corner, open up the exhaust and have fun, leaving the cops confused! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts