M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a guy who wants to trade my 02 VTX 1800c (23k mi.) with about 3k in extras for his 02 Hayabusa (11k mi.) with custom paint job, we are both asking about the same price for them ($7500). I know it would look good next to the 109. My question is which do you think would be easer to got the $7500.00 out of?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got through talkin to my buddy who owns a busa and I've ridden his a couple of times my biggest proublem is my gut I just don't do so well leaning over the tank like that but I guess there are several types of handlebar risers to put me in a little more of an upright position to be more comfortable. Or I could try to lose 20 lbs.HA HA. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hey Squirrel,
Well if it was me, I don't think I'd want a full blown sportbike, they are 2 wheeled torture chambers to me. What I'd like that is REALLY fast is an FJR 1300. Now THAT would be a blast! Too bad you don't have a friend with one of them that's used that wants to trade you, eh? :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you have a 109, then when would you ever want to ride a VTX?? The 109 is so much more fun IMHO and the same kind of bike. The only reason I would keep it is if I had buddies who could borrow it to ride with me. :clap2: I would DEFINITELY go with the Busa if it is in good shape! :2cool:

But there again if you are going to just sell it, then I guess you should look on ebay and see which is selling for more money, that should give you a good idea. If the Busa's custom paint is something that others would want then that might be the way to go but if the extras on the VTX are what people want then that might sell better.

I would stand back and ask myself which bike I would pay $7500 hard earned $$$ for if it was my money???

I had a similar situation with my son who is trying to sell his 91 Corvette L98. Someone offered to swap for a Rubicon Ready 1985 Jeep. He was all jacked up because it was something new and wanted to do the deal. So I said to him "If you had $7500 cash, would you use it to buy the Jeep?"

The answer was "No" so he still has the 91 Corvette (Anyone want one for $7500??? It rates about 6.5 out of 10 condtion wise) PM me for details.

Which gives me an Idea... Trade the VTX for the Busa and swap the Busa for his Vette... :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :a18:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man I need a Vet like I need a Busa as far as riding the VTX after I got the 109 I dont. I do how ever let my best friend ride my X he has logged about 1500 miles on it but complains about the seating position he wants the pegs more under him not in front. He hasn't ever ridden a busa or even sat on one before so if I do trade he will get his chasce. :evil:I loved my X untill I got my 109 so as far as which one I would rather have for $7500 it would be the X But I want to sell it to pay on my 109.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
squirrel said:
But I want to sell it to pay on my 109.
Well there's your answer. Sure it would be nice to trade it for another bike, but being able to nearly pay off the 109 would be the wiser move, doncha think? (I should talk, I've had 10 bikes in the last 8 years! LOL!)
My 2 bikes are paid for, and I wanna keep it that way. Good luck with the decision. I had my VTX 1800C for 4 years, it was a great bike. But you don't need 2 1800cc cruisers, do you? Either sell it and pay down the 109 or trade it for something REALLY different if the 109 payment isn't too big of a stress on the old checkbook. I still couldn't see myself on a 'Busa. :eek:
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Squirrel,
Maybe you should be asking your friend if you should trade rather than this group. We'll never ride the VTX or the Busa. As for myself, I'm pretty sure I would never complain about seating or peg position on a bike I was borrowing from a friend.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know I was waiting for JR to chime in with his 2 cents worth (cause he had a Busa) and this is why I asked all you guys opinion. I' going to turn 50 in march and have said I'm done with peg dragging and the need to go 175plus mph so again I ask which bike do you think I could get my $7500 dollars out of the easest the X or the Busa ???

·
Registered
516 Posts
You know Squirrel, right when the finance manager came back and told me I could take anything on the showroom floor (after running my credit) I looked REAL, REAL hard at an '07 Pearl White Hayabusa Limited Edition they had on the floor there (as she looked so beautiful and I myself always wanted one). But just for a minute, as after I got on her, I just KNEW that the ergonomics were definately NOT designed to be comfortable for anything under 150 mph. Not to mention my wrists woulda been killing me and my lower back was gonna be a wreck after anything over 30 minute stretches on that bike.

Now, having said that... Go for it! You already own the best cruiser, and it's a chance for you to experience what is arguably the fastest production motorcycle on the face of this earth. Besides, it would be neat to have a change of pace every once in a while and that torture chamber riding position will make you appreciate the m109r that much more. Sure would make quick jaunts to the convenience store that much quicker.

But only do it if you have really ever wanted a Hayabusa, otherwise you most likely will get the $7500 out of the cruiser, just my 2 cents. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dont trade
No matter what, selling a one owner bike is easier than a 2 owner bike.
Sell the X for what you can get, buy a few toys for the 109, use the rest to pay it down.

OR

Sell the X to the friend, then he will still have something to ride.

you said yourself your scraping/150mph days are over. Having a bike for a buddy to ride is nice but not needed.
If he really wants to ride he can get his own

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
J R said:
The cruiser crowd ( in general ) is a little older and more mature and the X may be easier to sell as the older guys tend to have a little cash laying around or credit whatever so they CAN buy your bike.When ya sell the Busa ya got every young guy from the world wanting the bike but no money and wanting you to finance it hold it pay ya weekly bla bla bla and its just a big pain in the butt.
+1

J R's right, the young guys just don't usually "squirrel" away any money like the older crowd does. :joke: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks JR between your experences and the other guys input I think I'll stick to selling the VTX. A good point was made about the one owner seller thing.Thanks Gregg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts