M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get at least my fingernail in between the base of the bolt and the hub. Been leaking some since it was put back together after chroming. Sounds like there is some excess chrome in the threads. Dont want to strip it. Sounds like it should be flush to the hub? thoughts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I can get at least my fingernail in between the base of the bolt and the hub. Been leaking some since it was put back together after chroming. Sounds like there is some excess chrome in the threads. Dont want to strip it. Sounds like it should be flush to the hub? thoughts? Thanks!!
You have 2 options. Clean the threads with the proper tap--as mentioned, or, take the plug to your local auto parts store and find a nylon washer to fit the plug. That washer is usually atleast a 1/16th thick and should fill in the gap you presently have.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have 2 options. Clean the threads with the proper tap--as mentioned, or, take the plug to your local auto parts store and find a nylon washer to fit the plug. That washer is usually atleast a 1/16th thick and should fill in the gap you presently have.
The nylon washer is a good idea! Just took it off and heading to the parts store. Thought the crush washer would come off, but looks like it's either not there or aint coming off ever. Thx!

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
It will come off, I use little screw drivers to wedge it up. Then I take a pair of cutters and cut and twist it in two places. They come off every time that way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
so iam guessing this is why liquidpain doesnt chrome them anymore just polishes???

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually found metric bike drain plugs and washers at the h/w store. found the perfect washer, changed the lube and used a little bit of high temp silicone. I'm in another state so I've got a long ride ahead of me. I'll know when I get home if it worked:bigthumbsup: Thanks again guys, really appreciate the help!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts