M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my deal. About a month and a half ago, I planned a 950 mile trip for this weekend (Labor Day) around Lake Michigan. At that time, I had 6 "I totally am in" type of riders. Two weeks ago, I was down to 4. No big deal. I start planning the ride, and of course you get people saying I wanna do this, I don't wanna do that, etc.. Well, as of this Monday, I'm down to 2 people. My best friend and I. He is on a GSXR1000 even, and we're doin it. (Not to mention we are old...:)

I go to finally put on a windshield, have helmet buffeting BAD with the Suzuki Touring one, and my Rifle Soloshield is cracked, and flexes pretty bad (although I might have figured that out..)

So then I decided to order some new boots, I buy them on ebay, they come today, and they are obviously used. Like mud and friggin leaves stuck to them. I email the seller, they say to send them back. Grrrr.

Next I buy some saddlebags from a fellow 9er on the site, and we pay extra to have them 3 day UPS delivery for tomorrow delivery. Everything is perfect, now UPS "re-scheduled" the delivery for next Tuesday! Grrrr.. (Not upset with seller, not his fault.)

I can't tell you how true this is with NO exaggeration, but EVERYTHING related to this trip has turned into a HUGE disappointment for me. I'm thinking of calling the whole trip off.

Talk me into going guys. I really need this as a stress reliever right now, but seriously feel like every problem is going to happen. (You know, the clutch cable is gonna snap, second gear is gonna explode, its gonna puke oil, and finally the driveshaft is gonna snap...)

Please help...

By the way, in preparation for being gone 3 days, I mowed the lawn tonight. Only to get completely soaked do to some FREAKISH downpour and now my lawn looks like a blind 4 year old cut it. and I'm still soaked to the bone.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Life is short, enjoy every minute that you can. So do what makes you happy. :bigthumbsup: Ride safe. :doorag:

·
Registered
316 Posts
You said new boot so you have some. I say grab your back pack/ruck (if you don't have one I am sure Wal-mart has them on sale) have some fun... STOP OVER THINKING IT it is about the ride it is onlt 3 days not a year. As ong as the bike is in good working order twist the right grip and enjoy the the ride. Thats what it is all about anyway. Treasure the monment. "Life is to short and you will never get out alive."

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Late June I had all my plans of going to Ohio for a ride with family nearly not happen. One thing or another popped up to stop me. My wife had even given up on the trip...

I have a personality that says 'f:edit: it' when the cards are against me and I therefore go by my will, not whats thrown at me...

I had the GREATEST two weeks ever!!!!!!!!

Go have fun, buddy! The best times of ones life is when one goes against lifes grain. When ya get back, show off the pics of the great time you had to the pussy's who let life control them..........

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go for it.

Don't worry about whats in your backpack, on your luggage rack, hotel reservations, or who is going, just go.

You need a bandanna, stop at a bike shop and get one.

No reservation and no room at the Inn, find a nice quite spot and lean on a wall and sleep or just keep riding. The rising sun has a way of making the night worth while.

By yourself?
Feeling alone, pull into a public place and make a friend, get something to eat and continue on.

Your going with a friend, just enjoys the sights. Forget the pressures at work and soak in the world around you.

Your are experiencing the world like no one in a cage can feel it.

Don't forget your equalizer.

:bigthumbsup:

:super:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do it, don't worry about what has already happen look forward to the fun you about to have. I just fininshed a 3 week 2800 mile road trip and had the time of my life. My only regreat was I couldn't take pictures of myself alone the way. Ride Safe :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Expectations are resentments in the making!!

Don't get caught up in that!!! If it is just the 2 of you GREAT!!!!! Less people to concern with and what COULD happen. Just 2 on a ride is great. Take off and do it, and enjoy every corner, smell the smells, Eat great food. But Just do it, LOL Have a great ride man!!!;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going. Actually starting to look forward to it. I hear what you guys are saying that it might actually be MORE fun with only the two of us!
I don't know about that whole sleeping against a wall stuff, but we'll see...

Thanks for pushing me over the edge guys, look for pics to roll in sometime Tuesday...

Hopefully I'll have some for the bike with something in the background thread...

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Talk me into going guys. I really need this as a stress reliever right now, but seriously feel like every problem is going to happen. (You know, the clutch cable is gonna snap, second gear is gonna explode, its gonna puke oil, and finally the driveshaft is gonna snap...)

Please help...
You kind of remind me of the guy on the couch! :joke:

You need to get on that bad boy and ride!! Don't worry about what could or couldn't happen!!!!!!!! That will be $200

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay guys, I hope you all realize I was joking about the puking, broken swingarm, etc... I was just saying at the rate I was going at...

Now on a brighter note, the bags that were "re-scheduled" have been re-re-scheduled, and should be here today! :bigthumbsup:

Things are looking up already!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I say ride on brother. I took a 10 hour trip to Atlanta and got rained on the first 4 hours. of course rain gear failed, my wife and i were freezing, got a hotel room for a warm up and got on it the rest of the way. Bottom line, we had a blast. s:edit: happens. go ahead and step in it. I have never seen anyone fall from slipping in it. just loose your balance for a brief moment.:hot:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its the ride that will make it all worth it!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
When in dought get the bike out and ride!!!!! When nothing is going right a :pray: and a ride always put a smile on my face...:bigthumbsup: and takes away all my worries.... enjoy your ride.... :doorag:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I'm all loaded up, and ready to go. 7 a.m. departure. Sounds like tomorrows weather is gonna suck (55 and maybe rain) but Sunday and Monday should be nice (75 and sunny?) Hoping the windshield helps with the "cold" tomorrow, and really hoping we don't get the rain.
The saddlebags and tailbag I bought that came today :D mounted up perfectly on my buddies Gsxr, so we are both all packed up, and ready to hit the road. Talk to you guys on Tuesday, and hope to have better pictures than my messy garage!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I'm envious!!!

Be safe and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well, I'm all loaded up, and ready to go. 7 a.m. departure. Sounds like tomorrows weather is gonna suck (55 and maybe rain) but Sunday and Monday should be nice (75 and sunny?) Hoping the windshield helps with the "cold" tomorrow, and really hoping we don't get the rain.
The saddlebags and tailbag I bought that came today :D mounted up perfectly on my buddies Gsxr, so we are both all packed up, and ready to hit the road. Talk to you guys on Tuesday, and hope to have better pictures than my messy garage!
Man I'm 25 miles from the Mackinac Bridge and I'd love to hook up with you for a ride through. I can show you some kick ass back roads. Message me if you get this before you leave.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man I'm 25 miles from the Mackinac Bridge and I'd love to hook up with you for a ride through. I can show you some kick ass back roads. Message me if you get this before you leave.
That sux! I did not get this before I left, nor did I get it on the road!! Maybe next time??

WE DID IT! Wound up going with 3 of us, Myself, Gator21, and my friend on his Gsxr1000. I have tons of pics, but am gonna wait to make sure Gator21 doesn't want to post some so I don't take any of his fun away!

I did 1050 miles, and about 4 hours of that was in the rain. COLD rain! Well worth the trip though. Did a lot of soul searching though, and this may well have been the last big ride for me on the M109R. I did a post a few months back thinking of trading it in on a busa, and I may be taking the plunge. I really miss cornering, and am leaning toward a ZX14 or a Busa with some HeliBars and custom seat. I love the 9, but just the whole time I was wishing I was on a "sportier" bike. We'll see, but either way thanks for talking me into going guys!!! No matter which way I go, I love this site, and will continue to hang here. Plus I've been known to change my mind a ton, and could just keep the 9 forever!

Here's a pic that I've already posted in the background thread, more to come!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts