M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has removed the front blinker housing/cover

Has anyone removed the front blinker setup along with the blinker housing/cover that they connect to and has photo's. I am moving my blinkers to a different location and don't know if I should remove the housing/cover or not. Would like to see some photos with them removed so I know what the bike looks like.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Has anyone removed the front blinker setup along with the blinker housing/cover that they connect to and has photo's. I am moving my blinkers to a different location and don't know if I should remove the housing/cover or not. Would like to see some photos with them removed so I know what the bike looks like.
The part you are seeing is just a cover. Either black on the boss or chrome on the other 9's. The bracket that actually holds the turn signals is under that cover and is part of the same bracket that holds the headlight bucket. You will need to either do some cutting on the bracket or leave the cover on. You can cap off the ends with a piece of metal (chromed or powder coated to match. It would be similar to the Flatz only without the LEDs. That would give you a finished look and allow you to
relocate the signals.

I think i have some pics that that may help you out in my build thread. Link to it is in my signature below.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Further to what Poseidon mentioned, here is my example of leaving the cover and plugging the holes. The "plug" is a plumbing grommet from my local hardware store, painted black for mine. I think the grommet is normally used for plugging 3-hole openings for 1-hole faucets and cost about a dollar. I just bent all the wings which normally form the springy retaining clip arms to secure it. I also dulled the uber-gloss down to satin for the entire part.

Hand Gesture Bumper Automotive exterior Flooring
Hand Peripheral Input device Gesture Electronic instrument
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Helmet Automotive design

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part you are seeing is just a cover. Either black on the boss or chrome on the other 9's. The bracket that actually holds the turn signals is under that cover and is part of the same bracket that holds the headlight bucket. You will need to either do some cutting on the bracket or leave the cover on. You can cap off the ends with a piece of metal (chromed or powder coated to match. It would be similar to the Flatz only without the LEDs. That would give you a finished look and allow you to
relocate the signals.

I think i have some pics that that may help you out in my build thread. Link to it is in my signature below.
Thanks Poseidon. I wanted to see bikes with out the front blinker set up before I cut the bracket. But I have seen some, and I think I like it with the cover left on and I will cover the holes up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who has removed the front blinker housing/cover

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts