M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a used M109R 2009 , inspected it twice at the Suzuki workshop before buying it.
fast forward a week later I noticed oil leaking from the differential hub took it back to the workshop they said if I want to fix it in their my only option is to change the whole thing so I head to a different workshop after repairing a few things today he started the bike and told me there is a weird cracking noise coming from the differential hub.

should I change it or do you think there is a deferent solution to it, cheaper solution.

appreciate your help , Thanks

Mechanic actually repaired it and its running fine , just gonna change and fix some minor things before I take it out.

Light Automotive tire Sleeve Iris Dishware

·
Registered
747 Posts
I looks like the seal is leaking. But the noise that was heard could be broken teeth on the gear(s) inside the hub. Best to take it apart and check, and replace the seal.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
It's no a differential. It's a final drive. Differential is if it's turning two wheels on different sides of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a friend who had broken teeth and he found a used replacement from a member of this forum. You can post something on the "classified" section of this forum.
I went back to my mechanic today he told me he is going to repair it , I'm going to wait for his result since it is the cheapest way so far.
I have been thinking of a ordering a new one for 534$ USD

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,917 Posts
I went back to my mechanic today he told me he is going to repair it , I'm going to wait for his result since it is the cheapest way so far.
YIKES! $534?
I would try to find a used one from someone here, or a motorcycle salvage company online.

Reactions: wiggy and Zoom

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Wish I would of seen this earlier. That seal is like $20, 1 tube of Ultra Black is $6. You already have it ready to do. You can do that job in an hour and save yourself $500. I did a How-To on it here with pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I would of seen this earlier. That seal is like $20, 1 tube of Ultra Black is $6. You already have it ready to do. You can do that job in an hour and save yourself $500. I did a How-To on it here with pictures.
I did not order a new one , took it to a mechanic and he was able to repair it and change the sealing , so its all good now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts