M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I currently have an 08 M109 and LOVE it. I took it on some long tours with my Dad last year, who rides a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT. It's Got a nice laid back position, tall windshield, floor boards, saddle bags etc. He and I are planning some long tours next year and in the coming years. We both discovered motorcycling this year and have loved every minute of it. I'm am contemplating the idea of purchasing a second bike, more of a touring distance bike. The 9 is great but I don't what to put a windshield or bags on it for long rides. I'm looking at a 2008 kawasaki Nomad 1600. The one I'm looking at is used with 1751 miles on it. I can get it for about 7400 dollars. When I researched bikes i found this was a pretty good deal.

To those with a second bike, is it worth having two for different purposes or would you do things differently a second time around? I love the nine for commuting to work and of course going fast. I've been comfortable on it during 2+ hour rides as well. I would like something though with more touring capability for overnight trips that I'm planning with my Dad.

Just looking for some advice from those who know!

-Michael

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Heck fire yes....it is worth it. I say get something really different, though. I have a GSXR 600 and between it and the 109, there is no itch that I can't scratch!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Have you considered the C109? Not as fast as the M but it will satisfy your touring and give you the power to keep up with or outrun other cruisers.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I'd like to have 2 bikes parked next to my 9 in the garage; a Goldwing and a new V-Max! Wouldn't it be nice to have money?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I'd like to have 2 bikes parked next to my 9 in the garage; a Goldwing and a new V-Max! Wouldn't it be nice to have money?
:agree: If you are doing much touring, why deal with something other than a Wing. If you don't have an itch that needs scratching with a sportbike, a Wing would definately be my second choice.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have 4 bikes and ride them all equally, If you have the funds to do it I highly recommend it, all my bikes have their own personallity. IE,riding styles:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have two bikes the 9 and a FZ1. I love having two bikes. So cool to go into the garage and pick which mood you are in that day. Do it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have the nine and a husqavarna 360 2 stroke dirtbike, I would love to have 2 more a sport bike and a goldwing... mabe someday.... I would say if u got the money go for it, nothing wrong with more than one toy.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are looking for a touring bike, check out the Kawasaki Concours, bad ass bike, basically a ZX14 on a touring set up. Send a message to Jdmitchell, he got one not too long ago. There was one for sale here on the base, had 8000 miles, he was asking 6500 bucks. If I weren't going to Japan, it would be sitting in the Man Cave next to the 9's

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
The dealer here has a Coucours 14 ABS with 16,000 miles on it for $8200. I've looked at it a couple times myself. Already has a nice pipe on it too.

We've got 3 bikes, but with both of us riding we kind of need 3 pairs. I love my 109 but for some of the roads we ride I'd like to have a standard bike too. And for some touring we'd like to do the Coucours would be sweet. And I'd like to have a dual purpose bike, which might substitute for the standard. Something like a V-Strom 650 would be nice.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
:bigthumbsup::clap2::bigthumbsup:
If you are looking for a touring bike, check out the Kawasaki Concours, bad ass bike, basically a ZX14 on a touring set up. Send a message to Jdmitchell, he got one not too long ago. There was one for sale here on the base, had 8000 miles, he was asking 6500 bucks. If I weren't going to Japan, it would be sitting in the Man Cave next to the 9's
:clap2::bigthumbsup::clap2::agree:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hell Yea!! if the funds will allow it u will never look back, I use a 04 HD Roadking (avatar) for the long hauls for the last 3 years and love it...jus this past october, 11 riding buds and i completed a 932ml loop with no bodily aches. I can ride the 9 for about 120mls and my lower back is sore.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts