M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOD how I would like to be rid of these damn floorboards! I just don't like 'em.

I'm seeing crash bars that seem to bolt to the motor, on top? F*** THAT!

The other style seems to use the mounting bolts for the floor boards but all the pics of them on bikes seem to be 109r2? They would be kewl as they seem to provide footrests as well?

Can someone help me out with this, please?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
The only difference between the M109 and M109R2 is the headlight. That's it. Same frame, engine, everything except the headlight. I don't think that's going to help you either. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The only difference between the M109 and M109R2 is the headlight. That's it. Same frame, engine, everything except the headlight. I don't think that's going to help you either. :)
If you look closely, it has foot pegs :)

I just bought both assemblies: 43600-48G00 (R) 43700-48G00 (L)

total: $273.56 (ebay)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
If you look closely, it has foot pegs :)

I just bought both assemblies: 43600-48G00 (R) 43700-48G00 (L)

total: $273.56 (ebay)
The both have foot pegs, that's why I said the only difference is the headlight. :)

Will the M109 or M109R2 pegs bolt to your C? The rear axle assembly is different between the M and C, but I'm not sure about the rest of the frame.

Crash bars for the M bolt to the upper frame above the engine, but not to the engine. At the bottom they bolt to the lower front bolt on the foot peg supports. That reminds me, did you buy the brackets that the pegs mount to? If the C is like my wife's C50, it doesn't use a big bracket like the M does.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The both have foot pegs, that's why I said the only difference is the headlight. :)

Will the M109 or M109R2 pegs bolt to your C? The rear axle assembly is different between the M and C, but I'm not sure about the rest of the frame.

Crash bars for the M bolt to the upper frame above the engine, but not to the engine. At the bottom they bolt to the lower front bolt on the foot peg supports. That reminds me, did you buy the brackets that the pegs mount to? If the C is like my wife's C50, it doesn't use a big bracket like the M does.
I have an M.

Any yeah - you're right about the brackets. The image seems to include the brackets. I'm in a panic about that, right now! I cancelled the order. I'm trying to call the seller but they're an hour behind me...

Anyhow, the m109r2 has footpegs.

Just completed the call. Part numbers DO NOT include brackets. They will refund.

Haven't given up. All I need is the brackets. I can buy footpegs anywhere - lol

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You might have a better response if you post you questions in the "General" forum or other. Posting in the "C109Riders" forum can be confusing on how to answer your questions properly since you have stated you own an M109R.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,959 Posts
I have an M.

Any yeah - you're right about the brackets. The image seems to include the brackets. I'm in a panic about that, right now! I cancelled the order. I'm trying to call the seller but they're an hour behind me...

Anyhow, the m109r2 has footpegs.

Just completed the call. Part numbers DO NOT include brackets. They will refund.

Haven't given up. All I need is the brackets. I can buy footpegs anywhere - lol
In one of your first posts you wrote you bought "C" 109... So what it is? C or M?
Newbie here - lots of questions! (please?)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
Check on ebay, you can usually buy those brackets cheap. But I'm not sure they will bolt up to the C frame, if that's what you have.

·
Registered
2008 m109R custom
14 Posts
GOD how I would like to be rid of these damn floorboards! I just don't like 'em.

I'm seeing crash bars that seem to bolt to the motor, on top? F*** THAT!

The other style seems to use the mounting bolts for the floor boards but all the pics of them on bikes seem to be 109r2? They would be kewl as they seem to provide footrests as well?

Can someone help me out with this, please?
You know
I installed boss crash bars. They are thick and close to the engine. Look nice and can attach highway pegs amost disappear with bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know
I installed boss crash bars. They are thick and close to the engine. Look nice and can attach highway pegs amost disappear with bike. View attachment 420787
Yeah - VERY nice looking. And, obviously, you have spent cubic dollars on it. But pretty is, as pretty does...

The bike I bought is black. Over the winter, if we are still here, I will have it painted. Not that I care a lot about how it looks - I don't. I ride it. I do not worship it...

I'd like to see statistics on the number of black bikes wrecked, vs the percentage of black bikes on the road. I'll wager they would be telling, indeed,

SURVIVAL is 'job one.' If they see you, MAYBE they won't try to run you over. I always ride with a day-glow orange t-shirt, or coat. My helmet is white. As if it's not bad enough that the fucking morons in cars have their noses buried in their phones! I've neen run down, twice, because of that! It pays well.... but you have to survive, first.

To further my point, take the 'ape hanger' phenomenon. You can not control a bike with those aptly named bars! Sure, you can ride it down the street. But when push comes to shove; when you NEED to control that bike, in order to survive...

There's a joke I always tell. What if you were in a strange town, where you know no one, and you want to find a bad ass? Where would you look. I would drive to the nearest graveyard...

I'm not a 1 percenter wannabe. I'm a survivor wannabe, instead.

Enough said.

·
Registered
2008 m109R custom
14 Posts
Yeah - VERY nice looking. And, obviously, you have spent cubic dollars on it. But pretty is, as pretty does...

The bike I bought is black. Over the winter, if we are still here, I will have it painted. Not that I care a lot about how it looks - I don't. I ride it. I do not worship it...

I'd like to see statistics on the number of black bikes wrecked, vs the percentage of black bikes on the road. I'll wager they would be telling, indeed,

SURVIVAL is 'job one.' If they see you, MAYBE they won't try to run you over. I always ride with a day-glow orange t-shirt, or coat. My helmet is white. As if it's not bad enough that the fucking morons in cars have their noses buried in their phones! I've neen run down, twice, because of that! It pays well.... but you have to survive, first.

To further my point, take the 'ape hanger' phenomenon. You can not control a bike with those aptly named bars! Sure, you can ride it down the street. But when push comes to shove; when you NEED to control that bike, in order to survive...

There's a joke I always tell. What if you were in a strange town, where you know no one, and you want to find a bad ass? Where would you look. I would drive to the nearest graveyard...

I'm not a 1 percenter wannabe. I'm a survivor wannabe, instead.

Enough said.
My bike is blue and black. Always ride defensive made sure the exhaust is loud and constantly watch mainly women that seem to live on thier damn phones while driving.
I actually had a trucker block off a car and rip her up one wall amd down the other when switching lanes while I was right next to her and I even kicked her care. Didn't phase her and I had to slam on the breaks.
He thought he ran me over and when I shot out around her. He went totally dad mad on her.
So be it .
We build what we like and ride how we ride. Just need to realize people are consumed with their bubble and nothing else.
I must agree that ape hangers are useless. Looks good bit realistic demands of riders these will fail you when needed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
My bike is blue and black. Always ride defensive made sure the exhaust is loud and constantly watch mainly women that seem to live on thier damn phones while driving.
I actually had a trucker block off a car and rip her up one wall amd down the other when switching lanes while I was right next to her and I even kicked her care. Didn't phase her and I had to slam on the breaks.
He thought he ran me over and when I shot out around her. He went totally dad mad on her.
So be it .
We build what we like and ride how we ride. Just need to realize people are consumed with their bubble and nothing else.
I must agree that ape hangers are useless. Looks good bit realistic demands of riders these will fail you when needed
Hey. Don't get me wrong. DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO.

I can tell you that it HURTS, and it hurts a lot, and for a long time. Knowing, all the while, you're damn lucky you can still feel anything... I had to sleep in a recliner chair for two months. Ribs hurt so bad I could not lie down. And if you work and support your family...

I can also tell you that wearing a dayglow orange t-shirt seems to work. It makes a noticeable difference.

Look, dewd, you're my brother, on 2 wheels, OK? Can you wrap your head around that?

So would you consider riding in a dayglow shirt? Please? Watch your mirrors, like a hawk. Never take your eyes off the situation, not even for a moment! THINK. Look for upcoming (and they come fast) situations where you will be at risk. Don't drink before riding or or act the fool. OK?

Yeah, I know. You already have a mommy. You can learn the hard way, like I did. But you'll need to survive, first. And that, buddy, comes down to LUCK.

The first thing I do when I get on that bike is to get the HELL out of town! I haunt the backroads. I know them all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts