M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to shorten sideburner exhaust? If you have pics and details on how to do i would be greatful. Thanks in advance.:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, you rock man. This is an awesome pipe, i wish the factory would make a short one instead of us having to cut them. Im a pipefitter, welder by trade so i think i can do this sense youve shown me the way. Thanks again bro.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i wish the factory would make a short one instead of us having to cut them.
:agree: The shorter pipes make the bike look sexier & tougher to me. Not that long pipes don't look good either, but I wish manufacturers would at least give us the "option" of more short pipes for the 9. Cut & Weld is what we're stuck with I guess.

Hope it turns out.

Hey please take a nice side pic of your bike before & after and post it when your done if you don't mind.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It looks like the road burner velocity is the same pipe as the side burner but with a different muffler.I'm thinking about switching exhaust but i would like to shorten it also.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It looks like the road burner velocity is the same pipe as the side burner but with a different muffler.I'm thinking about switching exhaust but i would like to shorten it also.
Same pipes just a different canister design, so everything should be the same when it comes to modifying the pipes.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
JD it looks like you cut it rite where the pipe straightens out.I wounder if the muffler could follow the angle of the pipes.I like the looks of the cobra tri pro but the feed back on the sound is not very good.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
JD it looks like you cut it rite where the pipe straightens out.I wounder if the muffler could follow the angle of the pipes.I like the looks of the cobra tri pro but the feed back on the sound is not very good.
If you look here I measured exactly 6 7/8th inches from the back edge of the pipe and put my tape down.

It ended up being right at the bend where the pipes start to run roughly parallel with the ground. That made sliding the canister on a bit harder but you could even take off more like OrlanadoSVT did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts