M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I haven't bought my 109 yet. I'm about to sell my Gixxer 600 and wait for the 07's to hit the floors. I just want to know if anyone else on here is as short as me. I'm only about 5'7" or 5'8" . I've had a chance to sit on a 109 but I haven't been able to ride one yet. Just curious.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm right there in the 5'7 - 5'8 range and have no problems.
When I first got the the bike I was thinking "Whoah! This thing is BIG!" But after a week to get aquainted with her, I felt comfortable taking her anywhere.
As for comfort, no problems on the 2 hour rides I've done except for the normal hands going numb. I'll find out about the long rides in a month when I take her from Dallas to Atlanta and then up to Deals Gap. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think Firecat is only 5'4". She has had her 109 lowered, but as I understand it, she didn't have any problems before.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm just waiting to see what the red one looks like. Hopefully I'll be making my purchase before too long.

G

·
:D 5' 2" no problems with the stock setup, however do like it lower. O ya the bonus is the bike takes a lot of the wind without the windsheld

·
Registered
210 Posts
5'5", 26" in seam. I use a pair of (excuse me) Harley boots with a thick heel. ;)
Absolutely no problems. Bike is totally stock except for Corbin seat. Corbin said it's lower by 1/2"
but I don't notice it. Your a perfect size for this bike it will be like having forward controls.

Buy it, you'll love it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
firecat said:
:D 5' 2" no problems with the stock setup, however do like it lower. O ya the bonus is the bike takes a lot of the wind without the windsheld
My bad...you look taller throwing that round house. :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm right at the 5'7 - 5'8 range and have no problems
I've don long rides with it stock with no problems. all you will have to do to the bike is roll the handlebars up a bit to make them fit right :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm 5'-6" 29" inseam, no problem, although the pipes did make the right foot not quite flat footed, until it was lowered of course! JUST DO IT! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
5'9, dropped it 7 times already.

Kidding, it's intimidating at first, but before you know it, it seems normal and almost every other bike seems small. I sold a V Star 1100 to buy this and i thought that bike was big before. I recently rode with the guy who bought it and we switched for a few miles. I was thinking "how the Hell did I ever ride this thing? It feels so small and cramped." Wierd.

·
Registered
71 Posts
5'6" - 5'7" and i'm loving it!

Just get one already!! My theory is once you join this site the only logical thing to do is buy a m109r.

Good luck! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
5'8" 30 inch inseam...I ride it liek i stole it. My other bike is a Intruder 800...yeah it now seems VERY small :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just had the lowering bones fitted last week. I'm 5'7" and now I can get both feet squarely planted flat on the ground. Great for manouevering the bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
MYM109R said:
I'm 5'-6" 29" inseam, no problem, although the pipes did make the right foot not quite flat footed, until it was lowered of course! JUST DO IT! :bigthumbsup:
this is near identical to what i would say, except i hadnt lowered it
...probably wont either..

5'7"Â 30" inseam........yep, same with the right foot, but not enough to be a problem....

...right now, i mostly need to do the foot brake pedal mod and get that thing out of my way for a normal riding position for my right foot.......ggrrrr!!

tc

·
Registered
152 Posts
5'8" 30" inseam. Can ride mine all day long with no problems. I think its built better for us than the tall lanky fools. :super:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.