M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the Tail a bunch last weekend. This is a short clip from the scenic lookout. I used my IPhone velcro'ed to my right rear view mirror. It was heavy with traffic so I was slowed down significantly. Peg scraping is on the next video I just have to shorten it up some so I can post it.

The dude on the Harley is clueless about letting people pass!

One of the keys to remember is to stay kind of slow on the straights when it's crowded otherwise you will just get all jammed up!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Courtesy to other road users....sadly lacking.

Clearly, like all too many other road users (motorcycle riders and car drivers alike)...that guy doesn't use his mirrors to check for faster traffic coming up behind him, nor does he courteously respond to it by moving off line....and giving them some room to saftely pass and be on their way. Like you...I hate that ! :verymad:

I do on occassion find myself wishing I had an onboard PA broadcast system, so that I could verbally hail and engage them. ;) Initially, a very polite request that they simply move off line a little, to allow a safe pass and maintain mutual goodwill. Failing a satisfactory response... a different approach :edit::cus::swear:. Finally, if all else fails, an aggressive block pass, or a roadside stop to settle our differences "the old-fashioned, primal way". :bdh:

It's a shame that common courtesy to other road users seems to be largely a thing of the past. A lot of the "road rage" that goes on on the roads would be easily averted, with more courtesy and good road manners towards one another.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clearly, like all too many other road users (motorcycle riders and car drivers alike)...that guy doesn't use his mirrors to check for faster traffic coming up behind him, nor does he courteously respond to it by moving off line....and giving them some room to saftely pass and be on their way. Like you...I hate that ! :verymad:

I do on occassion find myself wishing I had an onboard PA broadcast system, so that I could verbally hail and engage them. ;) Initially, a very polite request that they simply move off line a little, to allow a safe pass and maintain mutual goodwill. Failing a satisfactory response... a different approach :edit::cus::swear:. Finally, if all else fails, an aggressive block pass, or a roadside stop to settle our differences "the old-fashioned, primal way". :bdh:

It's a shame that common courtesy to other road users seems to be largely a thing of the past. A lot of the "road rage" that goes on on the roads would be easily averted, with more courtesy and good road manners towards one another.
True most people will let you by! I wish I had that Uni go that I see in your Avatar!

:bigthumbsup: It looks like more fun than riding in FL. 8)
Keith, Its so much fun that's my third time up and my second time solo:eek: I love the roads and the area! Next time I'm going white water rafting!

·
Registered
155 Posts
good run

wish i had been there ! well i could have been sorry Nuke and Loco :congrats::joke:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
look, there were many times to pass in that vid. drop in a lower gear punch it. thats what we do in calif. why spoil a great ride with a dick head in front of you P.S. when, I'm in the hills or mountains, and a sport bike is running a little faster, I get over in the lane and let him go by. shame on that Harley.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My trailers

I wish I had that Uni go that I see in your Avatar!QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on delivery of the new swingarm castings and the first shock absorber shipment...and on delivery of the first small batch of CNC bend chassis rails, so unfortunately, at this point, getting the M109R Custom finished and into actual production....has been further delayed. Drives me absolutely nuts...but, it's completely out of my hands. I just keep putting one foot in from of the other, and eventually, I will overcome every obstacle, and make this a reality. When I do...you'll be able to acquire one too. For the meantime, I have been saying very little....as the delays do date have pissed people off, big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts