M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how much shorter the Cycle house short kickstand is to their regular kickstand?:dontknow:
I just paid a buttload of money to get this sent over night to replace my damaged regualr length kickstand. Side by side and all that they are looking to be exact:edit::mad:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I think if I remember right they are the same length or real close to it but what they do is change the angle of the kickstand when it is down that is how they get more lean!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got about a 1/2 difference between the two. Don't know how much of a chage the regular one is due to where the damage occured.
$20 extra for the short one and I can't see the difference. I don't want to go tearing this open to install it and find out it's the same.

Thanks for your answer. Waiting for DLP to call back with their answer.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I think if I remember right they are the same length or real close to it but what they do is change the angle of the kickstand when it is down that is how they get more lean!!
i remember reading a post about this a while back and i believe jrrose is correct. it has something to do with the angle of the sidestand that makes up the difference. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Check the number on the package. When I ordered mine from DLP they sent the wrong one and someone had changed the part number on the package. I ordered a short slotted one and received the short round holed one. Worked out in the end since I decided to put round holes in my risers.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the regular leangth cycle house. The sticker on the package says the short. It's the stock # for the short also. There are numbers stamped on the kickstands as well. 3205 on the damaged one 3208 on the packaged one.

This is an execlent reason why I love this forum. There seems to always be atleast one person on here that can give you the answer you need or guide you into the right direction.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
After reading these post over and over again about DLP screwing things
up I've pretty much decided to never give them my money. Too bad
really, they have a TON of stuff.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For this I will have to defend DLP. The part # on the package is the same as the site. It says short kickstand.
If this is the wrong part, it's on Cycle House. They either marked it wrong or packaged the wrong kickstand.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They told me that the short was 13 inches and the standard was 14 inches. Tip to end, no contour. What I was was 13 1/8 and 13 5/8. I'll put it on and go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts