M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my shooter windshield from "Direct" last week and put it on myself....the only mod I have tried to do myself. (LOL) The windshield works very well keeping the wind down. There is more noise and some wind on the head. I am 5' 7" and have the windshield where it is pretty straight up....I think!! The one thing that impresses me is that I am more comfortable at higher speeds than I could have imagined. Tonight was riding down the highway and decided to hit it hard to see how much wind I would get. Got up to 120 before backing off (never been that fast before and it was a hella ride) and the wind was minimal except for above mentioned wind at head level which was not bad. I am now able to ride with helmet visor up when I want to and not get a steady diet of bugs, dust, etc. I like the windshield but there will be some times when I don't use it because I also like the wind to hit me at times. Overall, I give it a passing grade. Great find for us Hal and Lamont. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is just about right on. Pretty much the same review I'd give. It's good for such a small screen, and the price is definitely right.

I am anxious to see what the OEM shields look like when they come out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Fitted mine last week. Been trying a few different positions. I found the straighter the shield the greater swirl of air behind it and on me. I finally fixed it at the same angle as the forks. No swirling air just a bit of buffeting from the forehead up. I'm happy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
that is exactly why I am waiting on more feedback from the hellcat. Those 4 "extra" inches may be the answer to avoiding the wind hitting the top of the forehead. The real question is how well it will do doing 190kmh or more going down the Autobahn ;)

G

·
I put mine on yesterday. I notice buffeting around the head, shoulders and upper chest, but I like it. I'm 5' 10".

Reed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts