M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience shipping your bike x-country? I am moving May 20th from Chesapeake VA to Yucaipa CA. I have two quotes for door to door shipping in an enclosed trailer from these two companies:

Allied/Federal Motorcycle Transport for $569
and
Haulbikes Motorcycle Shipping for $605

for the $36 involved I would rather use the one that offers the best service.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions? :-\

·
Registered
20 Posts
Used Haulbikes last year about this time. I purchased a new 2008 C109R from a dealer in Lexington Ky. and had it shipped to Phoenix Az. Was quoted something like 1 week to pick up and around 2 weeks for delivery to me. Asked why the three weeks and was told that they have a regular route that the driver runs and that it need to fit in ( I knew that but was trying to see if I could get my new toy faster without paying a premium.)
unfortunately bad weather rolled in about that time and delayed everything. Even regular vender's for my company were delayed because of rerouting. Delivery was out to almost 5 weeks!!! Once they did get here I was very happy. Bike was in perfect condition and there was no changes to the inspection sheet that the dealer filled out. The driver handled all the bikes in his load as if they were his. He even declined any help that was offered. Said that these bike were his until they were delivered and he was not going to trust anyone. So over all I was very pleased with their service. Good luck to you and your move.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have used Haulbikes twice and recommend them highly for service and care. The brought me my Silver M109 in from Tenn and several years ago a Virago 1100 from St. Louis. Bikers hauling bikes!!!!

John Glass
NC

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bait and switch

I had a lower bid from allied express/federal for $568, when I called to lock in the shipment they tried to bump me to $649.

I have gone with Uship.com, I listed my bike and a maximum I was willing to pay and a shipper contacted me. $499 VA to CA:super:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice Idea

just ride it
I've made that trip (coast to coast) twice in my younger days with a sleeping bag and a change of clothes. But as I've grown older I have other material things that need to go too, so riding it is out.:D

I'm shipping with Qball Express, $499, if anyone has a bike to ship call Andre direct
his # is (415) 264-6626
email [email protected]

·
Registered
361 Posts
You could always hire someone to ride it like Richard Payor did in the movie "Moving".:joke:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used Haulbikes too last year. The price was the best out there, but they told me it was gonna take about a month total to get it (From North Dakota to Alabama). Well, that was back when all the flooding was going on and it took me over two months to get the bike. If you aren't in any hurry I'd recommend them. I think the bike was well taken care, but they took their sweet time. Also, it's not shipped in a create, but it's strapped down in a semi trailer that is enclosed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could always hire someone to ride it like Richard Payor did in the movie "Moving".:joke:
That's not happening.

Nobody drives my horse but me.
8)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I used Haulbikes too last year. The price was the best out there, but they told me it was gonna take about a month total to get it (From North Dakota to Alabama). Well, that was back when all the flooding was going on and it took me over two months to get the bike. If you aren't in any hurry I'd recommend them. I think the bike was well taken care, but they took their sweet time. Also, it's not shipped in a create, but it's strapped down in a semi trailer that is enclosed.
Yea, haulbikes was a contender. If Qball express hadn't come in at $105 lower an 100% insurance coverage (Haulbikes was $8000 with a $500 deductable) I probably would have gone with them.:nojoke:

Qball says he has 26' trailers set up just for this and all he does with his 3 trucks is make a circuit going back and forth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.