M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have read alot of threads on shifting problems. I run an air shifter with an ignition cutout on my 95 GSXR its wired to use the horn button to shift when racing down the track. It really takes the laod of the trans by cutting out the ignition for a few thousandths of a sec. Has anyone tried or considered running 1 on there 9??? I fellow racer i knew about 10 years ago lost part of his leg in a bike accident. we set up his Kaw. with duel air actuators and a 2 position switch so he could shift up and down without having the lower part of his left leg. So he could still enjoy riding and racing. Wondering if this may be something to consider on my 9?:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
I've seen at least one on here with an air shifter, and maybe two. James McCoy (REALMCCOY on here) had one on his bike at a meet we had a couple years ago, and I think Lamonster may have tried one on his too. I don't know if it had an ignition interrupt or was just an air shifter. James hasn't been on in a while and I couldn't find any information on it.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I'm with Zoom, I think there has only been one or two guys who have done this. Are you number 3?

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
I'm still quite happy with the way the bike shifts stock. Yes, it required re-learning a technique I have used before, pre-loading the shift lever. But once you get that down, shifting is not a problem.

I've not had one shifting problem with mine since I bought it in July 06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts