M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done a few searches and can't seem to find any good info.

Does anyone know which wire is the best to tap into on the tacho to get the signal for a shift light?

Thanks,
Boogs...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I see you have the PCV. Contact Dynojet, or do some searching, and see if it can interface with that. I've read that it can on the PCIII's via a plug in for the software that gives an output that can trigger nitrous or a shift light.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you have the PCV. Contact Dynojet, or do some searching, and see if it can interface with that. I've read that it can on the PCIII's via a plug in for the software that gives an output that can trigger nitrous or a shift light.
Oh cool... Didn't think of that, i'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up :bigthumbsup:

Cheers,
Boogs...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In case anyone else is interested, I got in touch with Power Commander and this is the responce I got:

====================================================
I am not sure what type of signal your shift light is looking for, but if it is looking for a ground pulse corresponding to RPM, you can get that from one of the output wires of the PCV.

You are not going to find that signal on any of the module's wire inputs like the Quickshifter connections.

The output wires of the PCV are the white wires with a tracer color corresponding to the solid colored input wires.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
====================================================

I'm not sure exactly what he means as there is no white wires on the PCV. Does anyone know what he might mean??

Cheers,
Boogs...​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts