M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People kept asking questions at stop lights on my way home from work the other day. "what model is that?" even had one guy ask me "does that thing have two speedometers?" Ive had questions about the bike before, but never this much. Although I havent had it out that much since I dropped it 2", must just make it stand out that much more :dontknow:.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I still haven't got used to all the looks and questions yet.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If you ride the "9" you have to get used to people staring and asking questions because it looks different (and better) than all the harleys! :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
If you ride the "9" you have to get used to people staring and asking questions because it looks different (and better) than all the harleys! :bigthumbsup:
A lot of pictures were taken of my 9 yesterday at the toy run, I just stood back and watched LOL, A few started asking ?? amongst themselves and I stepped up and started yacking with them.......

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
LOL they def gain attention that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It's surprising how some people still don't know what it is, or never heard of it, or thinks that Suzuki only makes sport bikes. I still get a kick out of it though:a18:

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's surprising how some people still don't know what it is, or never heard of it, or thinks that Suzuki only makes sport bikes. I still get a kick out of it though:a18:
:agree:many times I have run into people that ride and still don't know what it is.

·
Registered
665 Posts
We have quite some Nigerians International Student here whom have shouted and giving their thumbs up from their car at the lights. About 3 occasions while I went to Town for a drink ( and I don't often go to Town much.):a18:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
the most common question I get is
"is it custom?"
... no it's about 95% stock
"you're kidding?!?"
nope:bigthumbsup:

you get used to it, it NEVER gets old. the looks that we got (2 07LE's and 1 08 LE) through Colorado and Utah on the way to Vegas were even better:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was even asked why I went to so much trouble to hide the frame on the front of my vrod and told the guy this wasnt a vrod and he didnt believe me go figure that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had a guy, sitting on a Vrod, argue that my bike was a customized Vrod. He had seen all of the parts in catalogs and had thought about putting his together that way.

I argued for a little while, until I could tell I was not getting anywhere, so I agreed it was a Vrod without a single stock Vrod part.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
:agree: Had a 50 something year old dude taking pics on his camera phone & asking me questions about mine while I was filling up at a gas station. Said he used to have a Harley a year ago but had to sell it to get a new 4X4 pickup truck. :eek:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:agree: Had a 50 something year old dude taking pics on his camera phone & asking me questions about mine while I was filling up at a gas station. Said he used to have a Harley a year ago but had to sell it to get a new 4X4 pickup truck. :eek:
I trust you corrected his thinking realllll fast LOL Those folks need to get out more often,.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I wonder how the guys figured the 9 was a vrod when the rod is so puny compared to the 9? It simply amazes me how ill informed so many people are...

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wonder how the guys figured the 9 was a vrod when the rod is so puny compared to the 9? It simply amazes me how ill informed so many people are...
Not to mention the Engine and frame on a V-Rod are so completely different....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts