M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Scorpion EXO-400 and I'm thinking about getting rid of it for the Shark Evoline. I've had my scorpion for a year and a half and its getting quite noisy. I wear ear plugs every time I ride, but it can still get quite loud at speed (60-85mph).

For those that own the Evoline: is it a noisy helmet? The noise level is the biggest factor in getting a new helmet. If its noisy, I'll continue my search for a new helmet.

I like the modular design of the EVO, as I sweat easily so having the versitlity of two helmets in one would be great. My eyes are also sensitive to sunlight (Photic sneeze reflex) so the internal sun visor would be great as well. I'll actually start sneezing if I have too much light going into my eyes. Let me tell you, its no fun to start sneezing just as you're about to take a turn. :eek:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Mine used to whistle but now it doesn't. It's really not what I would consider noisy but is louder than the HJC I used to use. However, I ride with earbuds and listen to my Zune. The Function of the helmet is OFF THE CHARTS!! You're not supposed to do it but I can flip up and down at will! And in about 1 second! The visor is okay. I still wear sunglasses in the helmet. I don't think it goes down enough and the Chrome piece on the tank shines up in my eyes. My eyes are also VERY sensitive to light so I mainly have blacked out lenses on at all times! Most people would probably be okay.

It's awesome that I don't need two shields to get home in the dark!

I think the sizing representation they have is pretty good. The only problem is they only made XL when I bought mine and it's just a hair too small for my GINORMOUS head! But once I get used to wearing it again after winter then I'm good to go.

I like it and would recommend it to people.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The visor is okay. I still wear sunglasses in the helmet. I don't think it goes down enough and the Chrome piece on the tank shines up in my eyes. My eyes are also VERY sensitive to light so I mainly have blacked out lenses on at all times! Most people would probably be okay.
I was researching it last night and Shark released a seres II Evoline. That addressed this specific issue along with a long chin strap and some other minor things.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have too say its a bit heavy&a little noisyier then standard helmets but then again i dont mind that, its the only

legal flip i no of that u can use open or closed while riding,i just pull it

down if its rainy or cold when im riding,but usually i have it up!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Mine used to whistle but now it doesn't. It's really not what I would consider noisy but is louder than the HJC I used to use. However, I ride with earbuds and listen to my Zune. The Function of the helmet is OFF THE CHARTS!! You're not supposed to do it but I can flip up and down at will! And in about 1 second! The visor is okay. I still wear sunglasses in the helmet. I don't think it goes down enough and the Chrome piece on the tank shines up in my eyes. My eyes are also VERY sensitive to light so I mainly have blacked out lenses on at all times! Most people would probably be okay.

It's awesome that I don't need two shields to get home in the dark!

I think the sizing representation they have is pretty good. The only problem is they only made XL when I bought mine and it's just a hair too small for my GINORMOUS head! But once I get used to wearing it again after winter then I'm good to go.

I like it and would recommend it to people.:bigthumbsup:
I agree with everything. The dark tint visor doesnt come down far enough. And the way the liner is stitched it gives me hot spots on long ride but I have started wearing a skull cap under it and it helps out. I would buy it again.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shark EVOline Wayer

Make sure you get the Shark Evoline Wayer Series II Helmet. It is a better helmet. The sun visor is the biggest improvement. It drops another 1 inch. The fit on the Wayer is better. It is heavy. However, you don't seem to notice the weight.

I had a Nolan in the past. This is a better helmet. I would buy again.

Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
This is the one I use

Looks like there is a series two.

Shark Evoline Series 2 Wayer Flip-Up Helmet Black

Shark EvoLine Series 2 benefits from a development made hand in hand with riders using the evolutive helmet from SHARK. Cosmetically, EvoLine keeps a similar identity, even though the SHARK Research & development department has made double work to answer the specifications requested first by "the every day riders" on road, highways or city. Therefore we are very pleased to present you at this end of 2009 the "EvoLine Series 2".

• Injected thermoplastic resin shell
  • Multi-component internal shock absorber with different densities
  • Anti-scratch and anti-fog visor
  • Visor easy to dismantle without tools
  • Patented Tech-Move System chin strap, which unlocks, moves to a back position and fits perfectly with the line of the shell
  • Stainless steel closing system
  • Inset air vents
  • Anti-backwash deflector (FORGOT about this...cause I don't ride in the rain a bunch. But in very heavy rain it does get in the vents on the first version)
  • Washable, adjustable and removable interior
  • Click closing chin strap (precise Lock mechanism)
  • Colour: Matt black
  • Shark 5 year warranty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shoei fan for years with my full face helmets with my sportbikes, but bought this one because I want to wear a helmet with my cruiser and I liked the "full flip" feature for cooling down.

I was a little dissapointed with the comfort as compared to the Shoei, but still feels pretty good. Noisier than a Shoei too, but then again, I'm comparing a fixed to a modular. It's tolerable.

I'd buy it again for it's functionality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts