M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for you people that talk about the price of this bike and you know who you are!Shame on you people who are jacking around about the price!!! I took delievery on my bike 28 April I have 1562 mile on it. My wife runs a V-Star 1100. On Saturday we went from Pensacola, Fl to Jackson, MS spent the night at a $300 a nite Bed and Breakfast and rode back. The bike is a dream!!! I took off from her several time just because...kept it about 110 mph and it was so smooth, much throttle left. On 98 a cop passed us and I was doing about 75 he looked at my bike, waved and gave me the thumbs up. Get real!!!!! Stop pissing me off abouth the damn price!!!!! This bike is way worth the MSRP!!!! The market base will not be saturated and Suzuki knows exactly whaty they are doing, and the price if this bike will go up!!! I am not one to one to push a product!!!! But this bike is just worh every word and every penny!!! You either buy it or shut the pie hole and walk! Oh and do have a nice day!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i give the tirade a 7. it had passion, but wasn't really coherent :p.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i think that rant is a little exaggerated. there is nothing wrong with getting your best deal. it is that way for all bikes. if suzuki wants to raise the price, they have no one to blame but thereself if somebody were to buy a different bike. i think suzuki will keep the price competitive. thats half the allure of the bike.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

thanks
john

·
Registered
817 Posts
Okay... this rant was a bit on the unstable/kooky side, but the dude has a point. Nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal, but many take that concept way overboard.

There is a recent thread here about someone who was complaining bitterly about the lack of inventory, how he couldn't get hold of one, etc. etc.... and then in the same post claiming he refused to pay over $11,400 OTD or something like that. Does this jerk expect us to feel sorry for him? I figure it wasn't truly a 'lack of inventory', but a lack of dealers in his area willing to give the bike away for free. I say, belly up to the bar and peel open your wallet, or go bikeless.

I think this is what steelerman was trying to say, but with fewer exclamation points.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think he made his point quite well. The bike cost more in Europe then it does in the states and when I got mine....... well lets put it like this, I was glad I was quicker then the most while I am riding while they are waiting :D Nothing wrong with getting a good deal but there are people who wait untill an item is strongly reduced and then want a rebate IMHO if you aren´t willing to pay the price you don´t want it that bad anyways

·
Registered
12 Posts
steelerman said:
This is for you people that talk about the price of this bike and you know who you are!Shame on you people who are jacking around about the price!!! I took delievery on my bike 28 April I have 1562 mile on it. My wife runs a V-Star 1100. On Saturday we went from Pensacola, Fl to Jackson, MS spent the night at a $300 a nite Bed and Breakfast and rode back. The bike is a dream!!! I took off from her several time just because...kept it about 110 mph and it was so smooth, much throttle left. On 98 a cop passed us and I was doing about 75 he looked at my bike, waved and gave me the thumbs up. Get real!!!!! Stop pissing me off abouth the damn price!!!!! This bike is way worth the MSRP!!!! The market base will not be saturated and Suzuki knows exactly whaty they are doing, and the price if this bike will go up!!! I am not one to one to push a product!!!! But this bike is just worh every word and every penny!!! You either buy it or shut the pie hole and walk! Oh and do have a nice day!
You are Dramatically mistaken about that.Honda made the VTX 1800 TOO hard to get the first year.They even gave it a March '01 opening to make it an '02 year model.Then they slowly,year after year produced more units than they could feasibly sell.They eventually had a small surplus of 2 year old units sittin in Marysville,being that dealers couldn't move units in their stores.The V-rod also faced overproduction.One Harley dealer I know,was discounting '04 V-rods.last summer $1500.There ARE no rock solid rules guiding sales of any new bike.The market will bear what consumers will demand and find convenient for their purse strings.AND,i've yet to buy a Bike,walking into a dealer with Me purse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with you ppridgen1.
I walked in the showroom; there it was.
I fell in love and now , it's in my garage!

Wowwwwwee!

Sweeter than sweet! :clap2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wanted said:
Okay... this rant was a bit on the unstable/kooky side, but the dude has a point. Nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal, but many take that concept way overboard.

There is a recent thread here about someone who was complaining bitterly about the lack of inventory, how he couldn't get hold of one, etc. etc.... and then in the same post claiming he refused to pay over $11,400 OTD or something like that. Does this jerk expect us to feel sorry for him? I figure it wasn't truly a 'lack of inventory', but a lack of dealers in his area willing to give the bike away for free. I say, belly up to the bar and peel open your wallet, or go bikeless.

I think this is what steelerman was trying to say, but with fewer exclamation points.
nevermind

·
Registered
181 Posts
quebecm109r said:
I agree with you ppridgen1. I walked in the showroom; there it was. I fell in love and now , it's in my garage!
Wowwwwwee!
Sweeter than sweet! :clap2:
I must admit, that's about what I did.

G

·
Wanted said:

Please do not call R brothers who are cheep ass bastards names thank you kindly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In Canada here they sold manly on what was in the hand outs. The dealers asked for a certain number but got far less than they asked for. It was rare for a bike to be sitting in the showroom they would come in be assembled and the owner would take delivery right away. The dealers even tried to get the owner to leave the bike in the dealership for a week but no owner would bite. I didn,t see a real 109R until I took delivery of mine and I had to purchase it in another province. and you paid what they asked and felt lucky that you were given the opportunity to buy the bike. :bigthumbsup: :joke:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also live in Canada, our list price is $17.900 I paid $16.500 plus 15% sales tax which comes to $18.975. A few different dealers were looking for me and on Saturday I got A e-mail from one that was selling the only one remaining that he could get his hands on. It was a dealer demo and they want $22.000 out the door. The moral of the story "supply and demand"

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got a great deal on my 109, but I would have bought it for more if they held their ground.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i wrote a deposit check and waited for my bike, never complained once about price. it still cheaper than the vtx 1800 and looks just as good and strong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, You are correct, I was a bit ticked when I drafted the original post. You all know what I am talking aboutregarding the price! I am glad I don't have to concern myself with a bike purchase for awhile! Thanks for the chat.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
steelerman said:
This is for you people that talk about the price of this bike and you know who you are!Shame on you people who are jacking around about the price!!! I took delievery on my bike 28 April I have 1562 mile on it. My wife runs a V-Star 1100. On Saturday we went from Pensacola, Fl to Jackson, MS spent the night at a $300 a nite Bed and Breakfast and rode back. The bike is a dream!!! I took off from her several time just because...kept it about 110 mph and it was so smooth, much throttle left. On 98 a cop passed us and I was doing about 75 he looked at my bike, waved and gave me the thumbs up. Get real!!!!! Stop pissing me off abouth the damn price!!!!! This bike is way worth the MSRP!!!! The market base will not be saturated and Suzuki knows exactly whaty they are doing, and the price if this bike will go up!!! I am not one to one to push a product!!!! But this bike is just worh every word and every penny!!! You either buy it or shut the pie hole and walk! Oh and do have a nice day!
Could someone please send him in to buy a new car from me! I Need people to pay sticker price!! Come see me and buy a new Chrysler 300!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Could someone please send him in to buy a new car from me! I Need people to pay sticker price!! Come see me and buy a new Chrysler 300!! :bigthumbsup:
Let me know when the new upgraded car based on the 300 comes out. I just might see you for that one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok. I thought I was done. Now you had to go there. First of all if the shoe fits place it upon your foot. Can I help it if I know value when I see it. In this case I did. I did not work with a sales associate trying to jack me around on the price. It is a fair price that is all I am saying. My point was about the crying for a bike and not wanting to pay list. If the bike was way over list I might be playing a different song. I read your posts Joshua_109 and I respect what you have been putting out there for the most part. I did not expect a direct dig, ouch. I will know next time. I like the 300 car. I own the bike I want and the car I want, 2005 Monte Supercharger Supper Sport, loaded. I paid list for that as well, so be it. People have to make a living in sales as well and I respect that. And yes God has blessed me a great deal so I can pretty much do as I please regarding the toys and be benevolent as well. Agree to disagree. Have a good ride today.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts