M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really, just a mistake. But I feel shafted. My brand new full cut seat that I have waited 2 weeks for got here today and ........................................ it's not full cut just standard. I am leaving on a 2100 mile trip on Tuesday and I needed that extra leg room badly, not to mention the gel cushion.

That said it is a tremendous seat for the price and includes front and back. Back is a much better shape for you wife's rear end too.

So I will call Oneida tomorrow and try and get them to get me one by Monday.

We will just have to wait and see .............................

·
Registered
572 Posts
Is it a mistake on their part, sending you the regular when you asked for the full, or did you misorder and request the regular, thinking you got the full?

I'm about to order one from them, so just curious...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My receipt has the serial number for the full on it. My electronic invoice has the serial number for the full and my order confirmation has the serial number for the full. They might have it mis-marked it or they just stuck the wrong part in the box. I will call them in the morning. I wouldn't order it on the web though until we are sure it's marked right in their system.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
does your seat have a part# on it. i ordered one from a local dealer and also feel i got a standard seat. my reciept and invoice are for a fullcut but it doesn't look like the one on suzukis website. i cant find a part# on the seat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
hi there,
i was going to order the normal one, but i am willing to buy this from either one of you guys, if they don't replace it or so.
i am willing to pay the full monty because i think you didn't use it often yet now did ya? the only thing is, i live in europe so if you are prepared to send it to europe (ill send ya the money first) and they wont replace it or you don't like it and want something completely different.
anyhoo let me know if either one of ya wants to sell yours, otherwise ill order it thru their website. now i know they always send the regular one, i can relax. :D ;) :joke:
greetz

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
mine hasnt been used yet. passenger seat still in the bag. i'm going back to the dealer tomarrow, will let you know how it goes. i'm told i have the fullcut, but i'm not sure i believe it.

G

·
The Full Cut seat does not look like the picture in the catalog or the website. I don't know if it is the angle or what, but in real life, it is much fuller in the depth that it looks. But in the saddle, your butt is further back. Tonight was my first real distance ride since I installed it other than cruising around the neighborhood. Felix and I were tearing up the county and it is much more comfortable than my stocker and the extra couple of inches gave my knees a break.

I went round and round with Oneida and they maintained that they sent the right seat and I kept saying they sent the wrong one, but the more I kept checking it out, I was wrong and they were right. Hate when that happens.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thickness of the back is the exact same on the stock and the full cut.

It definitely doesn't look like the picture at all.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
The thickness of the back is the exact same on the stock and the full cut.

It definitely doesn't look like the picture at all.
Have you mounted the seat and tried it to see if it gives you more leg room? How about the model number on the bottom of the seat?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I thought I had ordered the full cut but didn't by mistake. When I contacted Oneida and expressed that their site was a little confusing they said they wouldn't return seats. I never even mounted it. I altered my stock seat and recovered it to achieve the legroom. I was very disappointed at Oneida's stance. That being said you do get a lot for the money especially with their pricing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Man I just ordered one from them - hope you get it taken care of. My invoice shows Gel Seat full cut plain 990A0-71022 which is the correct part # from the Suzuki web site.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same impression when I received mine. I put it on, compare it to the stock and it is indeed a full cut and gives 2+ inches more room. The picture on the website is WRONG! but the seat I received is right. Try putting on the old, measure where your knee is on the tank, put on the new and I think you will see the difference.
Love the seat, very comfortable and the wife loves the back seat.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My question then to anyone who has ordered the seat is this.

Who has ordered the seat from Oneida and who has ordered it from their dealer?

If so does the dealers full cut seat have the same distance between the seating area and the back of the seat as the stock seat does?

Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've done quite a bit of business with Oneida in the past. Their prices are great, but don't count on being able to return ANYTHING. They are extremely tight on returns. Doesn't matter if it's never been installed or not.

If there is something I'm not absolutely sure I'm going to be satisfied with, I don't buy from them.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i got mine from a local dealer. it does look very much like the stock seat. i just did a test. i measured where my knee met the tank and put a piece of tape there while riding, switched seats and did the same. i've got 2+". i think your butt actually sits farther back in the bottom of the seat, because the top back part of the seats look very similar.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am replacing my neighbors timming belt but will check it out after I am done and see if I have more room.

Unfortunately there is no part number on the bottom of the seat. :dontknow:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tried the seat out. Absolutely no increase in leg room. Had a few friends try it and no increase for them either.

I will call Oneida and see if they will make this right.

I will report back, you guys might hold of on ordering until we see what they do to make it right.

·
Registered
849 Posts
L
I've never had a problem with Oneida so I hope they treat you right.
I've got a full cut plain ordered that is back ordered and should be in at Oneida on 8-10. What is your order number on your full cut so I can double check and make sure I've got the right one coming?
Jer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts