M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had not been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease earlier this year, I would already own a new R. My question stems to those that already have one. I have been a sport bike rider all my life--raced a few of those years. I currently own a TL1000R. Best bike I have owned yet. Getting to my Q, I have never liked shaft drive--hate the "lift" it produces. How does the 109R feel during take off? Does it still have that "lift"? That would be my only hold up on getting one later this year--after I have spent my life savings fighting this disease.

G

·
Not sure if I understand the lift thing, but if your talking about torque, yea it's got a bit of lift from a dead stop, then shifting into second, then shifting into third, and fourth, and a little in fifth, lol....j/k man. Get well...you'll be in my prayers!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
futuR, I'd say yes it does lift with acceleration, kinda dramaticly as well. Gobs of torque with this bike!! But I rather enjoy the feel, under hard accel. I don't notice the lift as much as the sag(?)dip(?) at the shift. Reminds me of drag racing(cars)

·
Registered
898 Posts
It seems JR has a real problem with lift  ;) The front end keeps lifting straight up  :D Thats the only lift i have paid any attention to.

khrome

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I also have an 1985 1200 Suzuki Madura which is a V4, around 100hp, and shaft drive. This bike lifts dramatically when you load it and moves down again dramatically when you unload it. You have to be carefull around corners so you don't unload/load at the wrong time.

The 109 is like night & day compared to the chassis movement I get with the Madura. I don't feel the chassis unloading or loading. This may be because The Madura was so pronounced in this department. I don't honestly feel the movement.

I hope you get well and are able to keep the disease at bay for a very long long time. :doorag:

G

·
Yep,,shes got lift...I twisted the throttle abit in front of the guys at work...1st gear ,on, off the throttle...cell phone was in my left shirt pocket ,,after that it was up in the air and then on the pavemnet... :eek: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts