M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:edit:i was removing my baffles out of my stock exhaust and when i got the upper pipe the 2nd baffle when it went through it came off the end of my extension and drop downward i have tried a mag. im out of ideas and very worried any thoughts, tips and or ideas would be greatly needed. thanks in advance:edit:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
:edit:i was removing my baffles out of my stock exhaust and when i got the upper pipe the 2nd baffle when it went through it came off the end of my extension and drop downward i have tried a mag. im out of ideas and very worried any thoughts, tips and or ideas would be greatly needed. thanks in advance:edit:
The upper exhaust can will seperate from the rest of the exhaust. There is a clamp behind that cone shape chrome cover towards the header end. You can unbolt and unclamp that can to help get that piece more accessable with a mag. That might be your only option other than taking all the baffles out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
:agree:

With what he said. Also if you can't get it don't worry too much about it. A lot of people have lost them in their pipes. I have one in my lower pipe along with the whole saw that came off the end of my extension.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so leaving the big 1 1/4 hole saw would really hurt anything. ??? well im going to try to remove the upper and see if i can get it out

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I wrapped tape around my telescoping magnet. That let it slide further in without hassle to pick up the lost chunk.

I have since gutted my (2007)pipe and like it MUCH better. That could be another option for you. I used an air chisel and machete (to snap the tangs deep within) and a rotary file to smooth the rough edges. Very fast.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so how did you do that have any pics

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tried tape, magnet, one of those grabber things everything I could think of. Spent about 8hrs trying to get it out. Said screw it and it's been in there about 4000 miles now.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
That's why I duct taped mine together, and also stuck some magnets inside the hole saw to catch the cut out baffles and the metal shavings.

Like futurR said, pull the upper can off and take it out from the front. Only takes about 10 minutes and you won't be worrying about it.

G

·
Get a coat hanger and some JB weld apoxy. Mix up a glob put it on the end of the coat hanger and stick it on the baffle and let it cure. Now you've got a solid connection to it to move it around.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
happen to me and a friend last year we reved up and both came flying out...i thought i was also going to take pipe off but guess i was lucky.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
so leaving the big 1 1/4 hole saw would really hurt anything. ??? well im going to try to remove the upper and see if i can get it out
You only have a problem if your pipe sucks instead of blows :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just got my bike a month ago, did the same thing and baffles i cut through fell into same "spot" as mentioned. Does not rattle, does not seem to cause a problem. FYI, i already bought roadburner velocity pro's cause i was worried. Waste of money? It think not!

·
Registered
973 Posts
So it is not the slug you lost but the hole saw itself?
I would try and retrieve it through the front of the muffler as others have said. If you cannot get it out it won't really do any harm being left in there.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Gutting it out sounds WAY better anyway! It makes the bike sound more powerful and girls dig it!
A girl at my work place who is our shop hottie was standing in the parking lot as I rolled in. She said "I really dig the sound of your bike!" Then she described her feelings while pole dancing on a fence! I didn`t know her well. I was shocked!
Many cool comments now!:doorag:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Women are such animals! I'd sue her for sexual harassment

·
Registered
189 Posts
Stand it UP!

Rev to 5000rpm

Drop clutch

Stand it up

Out it comes????

Easy? Right?

Should work???

Be worth a video clip trying..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah well can u send me a how to vid on that man so I can see ur technique

·
Registered
111 Posts
try the simple thing first

When mine fell off I just cranked up the bike and poof out came the hole saw.better than sex.:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts