M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK It seams like I may have to get this done locally and NOT get the benefits of the special High TQE and Higher HP collector...
So I need to know who has done the mod, whether they got the special collector or not... and whether or not they kept the collector.

And naturally, did you put it on the dyno

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK OK I believe that is 2 for... I have the mod, no SET and the special collector... :bigthumbsup:

I believe that Big396 and Dave Corbett are atleast 2 more that have the mod.....

Remember with my weight I NEED the torque!

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I may be doing this mod next week. I'll let you know how it goes. I think these are going on Hal's bike when I get done. :doorag:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I kept the collector and s.e.t. And no i have not put it on dyno yet. But i will say ( JMO) there is more bottom to mid power then the pipes i had before i did the mod. and without a dyno sheet i could be wrong?

·
Registered
205 Posts
JR...I didn't you do an exhaust with with the SET and one with out? If so, did you notice much difference between bot set ups?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Just concentrate on getting healthy JR :bigthumbsup: ..................... Thats all I've got to say ;)

Calvin

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thank you for all your help J R. I hope you get well soon. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
This board is like its own little universe and just like the world we live in, this board is a reflection of its members. If people are jerks in the outside world, well guess what, they are jerks here too. JR, I wish you the best of luck this week. I for one will be thinking about you and I know we'll finally get to meet at Biketoberfest. Thanks for your imparted wisdom. Take care of yourself and your family. God Bless.

·
Registered
134 Posts
JR

If I havn't said it before let me say it now, Thanks for your advice concerning modifing my bike!
I hope you get well soon. God Bless

Sean

·
Registered
190 Posts
J R, I would also like to say thank you for all you contribute to the board :bigthumbsup: I'd also like to thank you for the time you took recently speaking with me on the phone helping me get my exhaust installed and for giving me the fuel settings! Take care Bro and get well soon.....and while I may be 600+ miles from you, please let me know if I can help you or your family in anyway. Right now just concentrate on your health. You will be in my prayers Brother!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am an absolute newbie to the board and JR has already welcomed me with open arms. That says alot for the guy right there! Anyhow, Best wishes JR. I am here in Jax, don't hesitate if you need anything.

G

·
I have hesitated to respond to this thread after JRs comments, for a day or two, especially late at night, when it appears that drink'in may have something to do with any response I may tender.  And I have already composed a thread about JR.  But, I cannot help myself.....so, grab your
eye glasses, and either some coffee or some sort of alcoholic beverage, and pay attention:

Although crazy, in Michigan, with V-8 lawnmowers with no steering, since arriving in Florida, JR has been more practical with his use of speed.

He "drove" his 69 Camaro to Gainesville, Fl, on a Sunday to race.....it happened to be a Super Chevy Sunday, but during qualifing, JR ran faster that "all" the Chevy "race cars", trailored from all over the country, so they had the track officials check his car, in order to find something wrong.....they did.....his harness was outdated and they asked him to leave, but I'm sure he still has the time slips.....I'm pretty sure he ran in the high 6's that day (with his big block) (he only ran in the high 8s with his small block). but, the crowd went crazy when he came to the line.

At another track, with his V-Max, he was smok'in everybody, with his front wheel comming up, each time he shifted.  He was told he had to keep "both" wheels on the ground.....the announcer even told him the same, when he came to the line.....so, EVERYBODY knew what he was dealing with.  His next to last run, he carried his front wheel off the ground for about 1/3 of the track.  His next run, the announcer said....."This is your last run.".....So, JR put his V-Max on the rear tire, the entire length of the track (like a dirt bike).....and still beat the othet guy !

OK.....one more.....Although JR makes a bike fly, his real expertice is with cars.....anyway, a guy, who he really doesn't know that well, asked for JRs help.  He had been loosing, on a regular basis, to a guy with a bike speed shop, at the drag strip and asked JR to do the head of his engine,  And, although it was not his forte, he agreed.  Jr worked on this head.....the guy put it back on his engine.....and he beat the other guy, for the first time ever !  Since then, the bike shop guy (who JR knows) has asked JR to do "his" heads, for his engines.

My point is.....JR is used to adversity.....and yet, comes out on top.....which is why I believe he will do the same with his medical problems.

How does that go.....You can't keep a good man down !

P.S. Did I mention how the crowd went crazy when he wheelied the lenght of the track?

·
Registered
703 Posts
JR,
    First off I would like to say Thank You again for everything you have done for this board. Leave me tell you people that I talked to JR on the phone and he didn`t know me from Adam but talked to me and gave me advise like we knew each other for life. There are only a few people in life that I feel comfortable talking to and although I only chat with JR on the internet or with a phone call he is one person who I can trust! He went out of his way to talk to me and tell me things. Sure, I don`t know [email protected] about motors but he still had the time to tell me stuff to help me out. JR, Thank you again for everything so now you just work on getting better. My prayers are with you and your family! Take care and keep in touch. God Bless!
                                                       Ken

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
big396 said:
I kept the collector and s.e.t. And no i have not put it on dyno yet. But i will say ( JMO) there is more bottom to mid power then the pipes i had before i did the mod. and without a dyno sheet i could be wrong?
Hey man, what band is that in your sig? I'm guessing maybe the RHCP? :dontknow:

P.S. J R I for one respect you for all of your expertise and thank you for your willingness to share it with us. Though I've never PM'd you, emailed you or asked you for anything I for one know the value of your time and expertise and am continually amazed at the audacity of some of the people on this board. Take care and get well soon buddy. :doorag:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Hetfield looks a lot different the last few years since he "cleaned up" i actually recognized Kirk and Lars first. But enough about that.

Seriously people WTF? JR helps these guys out from the goodness of his heart and they wanna pull this sh*t?
JR, please let me apologize to you on behalf of all the guys here that really appreciate all the tidbits that you dole out. I've learned more about this bike from reading your posts than any other single source. You are the man! Don't let the losers get you down. I would understand if you wanted to stop sharing and you have every right.

Take care of yourself and your family, that's the most important thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts