M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I drilled out my baffles on the stock pipes and now my SET valve will not work and the FI light stays on. I don't hear it closing anymore. I'm not sure what happened as everything seems to be hooked up correctly. The only other performance mod I've done is the JSD-3M.
I've cut the FI light wire from the ECU to keep the light from coming on. What are the thoughts out there running with no SET valve? It seems to run good with maybe a slight low end drop in power but hauls ass at high speed. Will this cause any problems? Do I need a power commander, etc.? Different plugs? Running too lean? I do like the new sound with the drilled baffles.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Double check all your connections and fuses first as mentioned above.  Lots of us on the board have done this mod including me and I haven't heard of any SET valve issues.  Sounds to me like a broken/bad connection somewhere.  Good luck!

P.S. You should be fine running without it. Debaffeld and no set valve may mess with your mixture a little though so you might look into a Power Commander.

·
Registered
401 Posts
To tell you the truth I haven't heard my squeak in a while, maybe since I did mine ??? Reading the thread it just hit me though that either the squeak has gone or it is not working ? Friggydiggy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I checked it out and the set is working, are your cables on the pulley ? Try this to see if it is moving if you haven't already have the bike in nuetral and have someone hit the run switch for you while your on the deck looking at the set valve. I went through all the walls and even took out the first baffle and haven't had any problems.

Sorry to hear your having trouble though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts