M109 Rider Forums banner

Seriously, WTF? Chrome edge trim.....

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  whitee 
#1 ·
Hey all. I wanted to dress up my grille so I went to O'Reillys to look for the chrome trim. Everything I found was only 1/8" thick. No truck trim. Hmmm. No Pep Boys in town so off to Advance Auto Parts. Not there either. OK. How about Autozone? Nope, not there either. WTF? :dontknow:I'm going insane. Can anyone point me to the thicker truck trim stuff?

#2 ·
door edge

I used the door edge from Walmart and works pretty good becasue I too could not find the bigger truck edging like at Pep Boys. Have not had one come off yet. Make sure it is warm out and it will stick pretty good.

#6 ·
Save your time and put on the standard trim. The truck trim is thicker and deeper, but it doesn't like to conform to the curve in the top rows of the grill. I had it on mine and removed it a couple weeks ago and installed the car trim. You can get it on a roll at Pep Boys for around $12 for 18 feet of it. It fits the curves and stays there without trying to pop out on the ends. And it's hard to see the difference when it's installed.

#10 ·
Save your time and put on the standard trim. The truck trim is thicker and deeper, but it doesn't like to conform to the curve in the top rows of the grill. I had it on mine and removed it a couple weeks ago and installed the car trim. You can get it on a roll at Pep Boys for around $12 for 18 feet of it. It fits the curves and stays there without trying to pop out on the ends. And it's hard to see the difference when it's installed.
I agree. That's what I used for about a year until I just had the grill chromed.

#8 ·
I tried the car trim and and it did not want to stay pressed on. Then I tried the truck trim and the same issue. A little better and then just decided to just have it chromed.
I would LIKE to do a cheap mod but this one does seem to scream "spend the big bucks!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.