M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, this morning I stumbled into the classified section here and was really suprised to see how many people were already selling their bikes Someone mentioned that they would be losing their job thus losing the way to pay for it, Ok I could understand that but others wanting to buy something more "comfy"? :dontknow: I know that sh** happens sometimes in life (believe me I know ;)) but other then that its hard to believe anyone would want to get rid of this toy. Maybe its just me ::) I saw this bike in the Internet long before it was even at the dealer and I said to myself if this thing rides just as half as good as it looks, I have to have one :bigthumbsup: Nürnberg only got 2 06 1800´s (M109) 1 black one and one silver one (mines is the silver one) and I know I was lucky to get it :bigthumbsup: I won´t say never but I can´t imagine ever selling it ( of course maybe in years to come I will want a new M109 ) but that is so far in the stars I can´t even imagine that. Anyways........................ just to make along story short, I was really baffeled to see so many for sale.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yea , I counted over 20 in the first 2 pages :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
My dealer (used bike dealer exclusively) says that its quite common for people to trade bikes frequently... even a couple times a year. Now where they get the money to do so, I don't know.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
This bike isn't for everybody. The stock risers put you in a clamshell position which bother's some people's shoulders and back on longer rides. There are definitely bikes out there more comfortable than the 109, and I guess some people want that over power. I doubt you will see many selling their 9 for a more powerful bike... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Until I rotated my bars up this bike gave me hella lower back aches on longer rides.. my first ride on it was the ride home from the dealership.. 480 miles, so I knew what I needed to change for comfort right off the bat.

Having said that my riser extensions should be in from Big Joe later this week 8) hehe

If you do rotate the handlebars up, be aware that you can't rotate the controls for the lights, starter etc as they are pinned.. so when you pull the clutch in all the way you flash people with your high beams. Its kick butt during the day cause it makes you more visible, especially if you downshift as you decelerate like I do, but at night I discovered people don't really appreciate it so much :realmad: but they damned sure know I'm there :a18:

G

·
Mad Dog said:
Wow, this morning I stumbled into the classified section here and was really suprised to see how many people were already selling their bikes Someone mentioned that they would be losing their job thus losing the way to pay for it, Ok I could understand that but others wanting to buy something more "comfy"? :dontknow: I know that sh** happens sometimes in life (believe me I know ;)) but other then that its hard to believe anyone would want to get rid of this toy. Maybe its just me ::) I saw this bike in the Internet long before it was even at the dealer and I said to myself if this thing rides just as half as good as it looks, I have to have one :bigthumbsup: Nürnberg only got 2 06 1800´s (M109) 1 black one and one silver one (mines is the silver one) and I know I was lucky to get it :bigthumbsup: I won´t say never but I can´t imagine ever selling it ( of course maybe in years to come I will want a new M109 ) but that is so far in the stars I can´t even imagine that. Anyways........................ just to make along story short, I was really baffeled to see so many for sale.
There are alot of us that trade / sell bikes every 6-12 months (I'm one of the sick ones afflicted with this disorder). I put about 8k miles on a bike and I start getting bored. I'm gonna try to do 2 years with the m109 but I ain't promising anything, Carrie! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts