M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info out there aout these? Hell my '82 Sabre had them...I keep forgetting to knock them off and am sure this could be a not so safe situation. Feedback please...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dont know anything about these. However I have gotten in the habbit of hitting the turn signal reset from time to time as I ride to help avoid any acidents. I has become second nature to me almost like blinking my eyes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
SoSick said:
I dont know anything about these. However I have gotten in the habbit of hitting the turn signal reset from time to time as I ride to help avoid any acidents. I has become second nature to me almost like blinking my eyes.
Me Too, a good habit. :doorag:

·
Registered
844 Posts
There IS a prior post SOMEWHERE here on this. It said that there is one available from the aftermarket. I definitely plan to go that route, as soon as I get a couple of other things handled.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I just got my 109 on Weds.The 1600 Marauder I had,had self cancelling turn signals...it's gonna take a while to get used to shutting them off.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Go To: KRISS Motorcycle Products -- Under "Brake and Turn Signal Products" look for turn signal cancel unit

·
Registered
422 Posts
tworangerted said:
I just got my 109 on Weds.The 1600 Marauder I had,had self cancelling turn signals...it's gonna take a while to get used to shutting them off.
Your Marauder was a Kawasaki.
Wish the 109 had the neutral finder option of the Mean Streak/Marauder as well then I wouldn't keep changing into neutral all the time trying to upshift to 2nd in a hurry.
Really miss the self cancelling indicators....gotta love the power and looks though :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I guess in order to build something as advanced as the M109R for such a reasonable price, they had to get cheap somewhere. I'll gladly live with the turn signals knowing that I have a 7500 RPM redline V-Twin with race proven brakes.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
What you need is a Kisan Signal Minder. I think Hal carries them. If not, try CruiserCustomizing. Not only does it cancel your signals for you if you forget, but it will fix the load balancing issue for you if you switch to LED signals and will also convert your rear turn signals to running lights, just like your fronts. I had one on my VTX 1800 and it was a great product. They run about $100 but are worth it. I haven't looked into whether or not they make one that fits our new bike but I'm sure they do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts