M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have it on my Warrior and I love the looks and the grip of it! One thing I don't like about it is that it is not as wide as a Metz 240.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never a concern here, but yep you're probably right.
The stickier tires usually take a little warmer to warm up too but you should be able to scale tall buildings with the grip that sucker will give ya!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The stickier tires usually take a little warmer to warm up too but you should be able to scale tall buildings with the grip that sucker will give ya!:bigthumbsup:
I've never had a grip problem with my E3, and I don't just putt around on my 9. The E3 is inexpensive, it does the job, and it lasts a long time doing it. I see no reason to buy anything else...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've never had a grip problem with my E3, and I don't just putt around on my 9. The E3 is inexpensive, it does the job, and it lasts a long time doing it. I see no reason to buy anything else...
I've had both Metz and E3. For me the Metz outperformed the E3 under all conditions.

I would go back to the Metz except the price is almost double the E3. Also, the Metz didn't last more than 7K (the E3 looks like it will last beyond 10K).

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I've had both Metz and E3. For me the Metz outperformed the E3 under all conditions.

I would go back to the Metz except the price is almost double the E3. Also, the Metz didn't last more than 7K (the E3 looks like it will last beyond 10K).
I'm sure there are several other tires that will outperform the E3, but the E3 offers good performance with superior tire life. I don't need an ultra-high perfomance tire. It isn't like I'm gonna be canyon carving at 120 mph. I'd rather have a tire with acceptable performance that lasts 12k-15k miles than one with outstanding performance that only lasts for 5k-6k.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
i don't really understand the controversy on tires for the rear of the 9. I have never heard of someone leaning this bike to the point where the tire loses it's grip. I mean, you can only lean this thing so far and when you are grinding the bolts at the bottom of the control mounts, that's it.

So really, it is just the profile of the tire that counts. The E3 is not as round as the rest, so it takes a little more effort to roll it into the turn, the others are more rounded and therefore are easier to lean over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't really understand the controversy on tires for the rear of the 9. I have never heard of someone leaning this bike to the point where the tire loses it's grip. I mean, you can only lean this thing so far and when you are grinding the bolts at the bottom of the control mounts, that's it.

So really, it is just the profile of the tire that counts. The E3 is not as round as the rest, so it takes a little more effort to roll it into the turn, the others are more rounded and therefore are easier to lean over.
Not so, my friend. I have been known to slide the rear under acceleration in a turn. I look for all the help I can get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure there are several other tires that will outperform the E3, but the E3 offers good performance with superior tire life. I don't need an ultra-high perfomance tire. It isn't like I'm gonna be canyon carving at 120 mph. I'd rather have a tire with acceptable performance that lasts 12k-15k miles than one with outstanding performance that only lasts for 5k-6k.
I hear that about the E3. Best performance per dollar. Notwithstanding your riding skill, I may or may not find a flaw in the stick it gives. There's always a trade off. Always. If not, no other brands would exist besides Dunlop. I for one hate most of their carcass designs. Stiff, jarring, and vague on feedback. The OEM Dunnies were horrible compared to what I have on there now.

Ran many Dunnies on my sportbike, just hoping for the ticket. Always disappointed. Now I run Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. No Dunlop will grace that bike the remainder of it's life.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I hear that about the E3. Best performance per dollar. Notwithstanding your riding skill, I may or may not find a flaw in the stick it gives. There's always a trade off. Always. If not, no other brands would exist besides Dunlop. I for one hate most of their carcass designs. Stiff, jarring, and vague on feedback. The OEM Dunnies were horrible compared to what I have on there now.

Ran many Dunnies on my sportbike, just hoping for the ticket. Always disappointed. Now I run Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. No Dunlop will grace that bike the remainder of it's life.
I'm sure it's not hard to find flaw with the E3's grip, afterall it is a compromise tire. If my riding style were more aggressive, I too would probably want a stickier tire, but for my riding style, the E3 offers acceptable grip and superior tire life.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Alittle off subject, but the new VMax looks so much better. Glad they finally updated that 80's styling a little bit, its now almost as pretty as its numbers are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alittle off subject, but the new VMax looks so much better. Glad they finally updated that 80's styling a little bit, its now almost as pretty as its numbers are.
That's where you and I disagree. Foogly still. I was thinking along the lines of the Roland Sands Ducati Diavel. Now that would be a great Vmax.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
That's where you and I disagree. Foogly still. I was thinking along the lines of the Roland Sands Ducati Diavel. Now that would be a great Vmax.
I wouldn't say the new Max is ugly, it's better looking than the original, but it's nowhere near as nice looking as the 9. I could live with everything on the new Max except for the license plate beaver (which is even more hidious looking than the one on the 9), and the exhaust system. The tailpipes look ridiculous. An aftermerket exhaust system would be a must!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't say the new Max is ugly, it's better looking than the original, but it's nowhere near as nice looking as the 9. I could live with everything on the new Max except for the license plate beaver (which is even more hidious looking than the one on the 9), and the exhaust system. The tailpipes look ridiculous. An aftermerket exhaust system would be a must!
Yeah, I give ya that. Maybe it's just too tall for me. I like the low slung look of our bikes, guess I was looking for that in the Max. Max is not really considered a cruiser though.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Yeah, I give ya that. Maybe it's just too tall for me. I like the low slung look of our bikes, guess I was looking for that in the Max. Max is not really considered a cruiser though.
Yeah, it's probably more of a naked standard. I am gonna eventually get a test ride on one though. I've gotta see what 200 HP feels like on a bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
conti's

Mounted a Road Attack on my 07 DL1000 an loved it on the street. I'd get stuck in wet grass, but on pavement I really liked it. :joke: Only kept the bike for a couple thousand miles after mounting the tire, but you could barely tell it had any wear.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
my buddy has them on his intercepter and he loves them, sticky and great wear:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts