M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing this bike for the first time... (woody)

I'm amazed at the reactions from bikers and non-bikers alike when they see it for the first time. I come out of my office and there are 2 or 3 guys standing around it on several occasions. I come out of QuickTrip and there are two guys with tuners stopped gawking at the 240 thinking it's a custom. I came out of the doctor's office the other day and there's a dude standing there and he says he's just waiting to hear what it sounds like. Suzuki got every detail perfect from cowl to that sweet ass-end.

I would never have seen it if it hadn't been for a guy I work with looking at C50T. I was a die-hard H-D fan saving for a Softail Deluxe... when I saw the 109 I figured $18k... then another coworker dropped a CycleWorld on my desk with a writeup about the 109. I couldn't wait to own one... and I truly sympathize with someone who wants it but can't get it. I went to the closest dealer and he had one of each color. I had a terrible time deciding between the black or silver... I went black, after looking at pictures for a whole weekend, only because that red triangle taillight on the fat back fender looked perfect on black.

It's nice to be one of the first to own one in the area... this bike is going to steal some market share.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep, I can relate. Honestly, I had never even heard of this bike until I got a mag in the mail with an article on it. I opened to the 1st page and said outloud, "Wait a minute, what the H*ll is that?" That was on a Wed. By that Friday I had a buyer lined up for my V-Star 1100, sold it, located a black one, and took it home on Sat. You are right about the reactions you get. Suzuki really nailed the whole package that I wanted my V-Star to be someday. This bike probably saved me a little $ in mods and I would never have gotten this power from the old bike anyway.

G

·
I was entering the dealership to purchase some bling for my goldwing. Going through the entrance I saw three m109f's, two black and on silver. I immeadiatly feel in love. It was like being sixteen again and going on my first date. I could hardly control myself, I wanted one so bad. Well, the rest is history and I love this bike. The wife is going to flip when the new parts start rolling in.

oldfart

G

·
Same thing happened to me..........went into the dealership to pick up an oil filter for the Valk, saw a black 109, test rode it, decided I had to have one.

Shopped online until I found the best price....250 miles away, so what........picked up my Blurple one two weeks later. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I too fell in love at first sight!!!Then I went to the dealer and took a look,they had two on the floor...black and silver.They both looked awesome...then someone said they could not sell the purples......"purple.....I'll take a gander!!"You all need to help me sell my Marauder 1600 so I can go pick up my purple one.It's killing me not having one...so help a brotha out(see classifieds!!)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was all set to buy a VTX 1800 N spec 3 but the dealership couldn't find one. Then my sales guy calls and says you got to see this new bike (he know I was planning on putting a 240 tire on the X). I saw, he talked, I bought! I think there's a Latin saying that covers that. All I could say to him was start writting. Took them two hours before I could drive it out. I have never looked back. I even had people looking at the bike when it was in the back of my truck last week!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I went to the dealer to look at the Suzuki scooter 650...something my wife could ride to (yea right)...I saw a silver 109 in the corner by itself..I asked the salesman
what the heck is that ?

2 days and a wake up later it was mine.... :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was after one of the leftover '05 VTX F models. I thought my luck had sucked because there were none to be had in my area. The '05's had a big discount. Like $10.5k. I ended up looking at the V2K. It was more or less what I already had. Then... I ran across the 109. Talked the dealer into letting me ride one. It was all over after that.

People love this thing. I only had one guy say it was butt ugly.  ::) I think it was the green eyed monster talking.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Man I am lovin every minute on this bike. I go out cruisin just so i can see all the thumbs up and here (what the heck is that). man you meet so many cool folk when you get out there and ride. I want to buy a second 109 just to keep in my game room. Great conversation piece. As for what color is the fastest, hmmm.. well I sees it like this form Houston TX. Black is a timeless classic, Blurple was born to be chromed, and Silver....uh heck Silver looks like its going a 100 mph just sittin there.
I heard a rumor of a Radar Red color coming in with the '07. Just have to wait.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Austin109 said:
I was all set to buy a VTX 1800 N spec 3 but the dealership couldn't find one. Then my sales guy calls and says you got to see this new bike (he know I was planning on putting a 240 tire on the X). I saw, he talked, I bought! I think there's a Latin saying that covers that. All I could say to him was start writting. Took them two hours before I could drive it out. I have never looked back. I even had people looking at the bike when it was in the back of my truck last week!
The Latin saying that you are looking for is: Veni, Vidi, Boughtchi!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Man I am lovin every minute on this bike. I go out cruisin just so i can see all the thumbs up and here (what the heck is that). man you meet so many cool folk when you get out there and ride. I want to buy a second 109 just to keep in my game room. Great conversation piece. As for what color is the fastest, hmmm.. well I sees it like this form Houston TX. Black is a timeless classic, Blurple was born to be chromed, and Silver....uh heck Silver looks like its going a 100 mph just sittin there.Â
 I heard a rumor of a Radar Red color coming in with the '07. Just have to wait.
I am considering converting my home theater room to have sliding door for my 109 to come through. I think it could also function as furniture.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Went to the dealer with my Shadow Aero to look at a VTX 1300C. Never liked the retro look of cruisers, the only thing retro on my bike should be me. The only way to look hot on an Aero is to be sitting on it when it's burning. I saw the M109R as soon as I walked in. Had no idea what it was. When I sat on it and I fit, I was in love for the second time that day. One month later and I have a black one with 850 miles on it. I would have bought the bike even if it was just an 1100, but I'm sure happy that it ain't!

One of the most exciting purchases of my life.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I work for American Suzuki and saw some M109R brochures laying on a guys desk one day. I haven't had a bike since 2003 when I sold my Kawi ZX7R and went go kart racing. I didn't think I would ever own a bike again, but this one caught my attention. I then went to a local dealer to see one in person. When I saw it in the showroom I thought the headlight looked odd and it was a huge bike. I walked away un-interested. A month later, I went out to our corporate headquarters in Brea CA. for some training. The first day I was out there I walked out in the parking lot at lunch time and stopped dead in my tracks. There was a black 109 sitting there gleaming in the California sunshine. All of a sudden I loved the headlight and realized it was exactly the right size. It was at that very moment that day while standing in Suzuki's corporate headquarters parking lot that I decided I had to have one. I remember the date was May 8th. I picked up my Blurple baby on May 26th and have to say that it is the most incredible bike I have ever owned! The compliments you get never get old and the fun factor of this bike never gets boring!

·
Registered
750 Posts
My old man took it for a ride when he was up here this weekend, and loved it. But for him he said it was a little to much bike for him. I jsut said that he was getting old :) He told me I was right, But the fact was he told me good buy..... :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts