M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JR,
read in a post ur lappy is dead.....so i figured you probby didnt get the mail on these plugs I recently sent you that we were PM'ing about.
So heres the link for you.
BTW I have the plugs and use them fairly regularly, but needed the adaptors to fit the 10mm threads on the 109. Got them coming in a wk or 2. Will play with the Gunsons then and see how they go on the 109. Will be good to see how the F/A mix is working on some of the maps I have. Should make it easier to fine tune the PCIII maps to my particular atmo conditions.
The Gunson plugs are no dyno, but I remember them working real good on my old chrysler chargers and stuff.
Will prob be good enough to get the PCIII or Cobra FI2000r close enough with the F/A to be safe, until all engine mods are done and some expensive dyno time is booked.

http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?item=1854&cat=486
or
http://www.gunson.co.uk/downloads/G4074_G4170_G4171_G4172_en.pdf

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck said:
I still dont understand how you can see the color of the flame after looking at the pic. :dontknow: I would like to see what this thing looks like while installed & running.

Chuck
the plug has a glass/ceramic top to it, so when the plug fires, you can actually see it ignite the f/a mix.
The gunson is a regualr sparky with an electrode arcing tothe side of the plug body when it fires.
The H/T plug lead attaches to the top of the gunson, and when you fire the bike, the gunson lights the fuel, its just you can see it light and assess the colour....yellow fire= rich, blue = shmicko :bigthumbsup:, white/blue = lean :(
it cpomes with a plastic tube/cover for hard to see plug recesses so the ignited f/a can be seen in daylight easier.
trust me, its pretty good. i've used it on my 'ol carby cars and got them running real good. used sniffers after using the gunson and it was right on .I remember using it on my 89 gsx1100 also and the my honda 900 boldoor with really good results. not used it on FI systems tho, but principles are same.
i've had mine for 25yrs and its still very useful. but now all my toys are metric, not imperial so I needsa some adaptors.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Chuck said:
I still dont understand how you can see the color of the flame after looking at the pic. :dontknow: I would like to see what this thing looks like while installed & running.

Chuck
I have used them and they work good. I used one on a 4 cylinder bike and it got hot to handle after a while but they work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turbohi said:
so its like a really cool wideband o2 sensor. just you can actually see the flame..interesting...hopefully your eyes arent color blind :joke: still like the widebands.
like a really wide-cool wahtsadoosie? whats a wideband sensor? I pulled my oz fitted o2 snesors and becnhed em. using jrs map, got cob slashdowns, jsd3m, and just yanked off the crappy k&n's until I see sumting I like. Goes liike a shower of sheet, and no detenoantion.
ps. thanks heaps jr. map is beaut. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.