M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I see new risers and fork caps. Looks nice :bigthumbsup: How much longer are the risers? Any cable or hose mods required? Those are gonna look sharp after a few dips of chrome (I hope) :D

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Real nice Hal. New risers with top handle bar clamp. brushed caps for fork bolts. Any time frame and prices avail? Or are we in the T&E mode.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Man! Hal,shows us the cool stuff he's making,and we are like a bunch of crack-cocaine junkies, just waiti'n for it to be available :D.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Is the clamp for the risers some sort of mount for another gadget or something?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Tops of the risers are different (ie. solid plate instead of 2 caps)
Looks like the fork tops are different also
Obviously a different type of riser than stock
Cables for the controls have all been re-routed under the triple tree
and its a bit hard to tell without a right side shot, but it looks like there may be a break-away throttle lock on the bike also. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Again, what's with the large blocky clamp piece? Does it function as a navigation system mount or something? Are there plans to round out the edges any to make it flow with the bike better? How about the edges of the actual risers and cutouts? They're also a bit sharp compared to the rest of the bike. Could use rounding off IMHO.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
good lookin part hal. on a side note, it's amazing that we can go from 3D drawings to very accurately produced parts so quickly these days. just couldn't do this stuff 10 years ago!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the idea Hal and would purchase a pair if the job was finished.  As a machinist I would not buy these because of the square corners.  These risers need to have all edges radius-ed.  1/8" to 1/4" or something along those lines.  Add two more O.D. radius tools to the CNC tool changer, if your using a VMC,  then you're done.

I agree with Medic1210.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HalGreenlee said:
These are just the first sample. The final version will be different.
Dumb question maybe...........will the stock top clamps fit the risers, or will we have to use the one piece top clamp shown?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts