M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 09 with 612 miles on it so today is time for the first service. Had her up on the lift and noticed some oil on the bottom fram under the secondary. Took the cover off over secondary and pulled the boot over the driveline to the secondary and found the boot wet with oil on inside. :edit: Think it may be the oil seal on the bearing housing. Either way still under warranty going back to the dealer next week.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
There's been a few of those that were found to be leaking lately. You're correct on it being the seal. Should be a sure fix under warranty.

Mine leaks just a little but not enough to bother fixing it. It mostly leaves an oily film on the wires around where the rubber boot is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine also leaks a little. Won't leak on a short run, but will start if I go 25 or more miles. I beginning to think its the synthetic oil I'm running, it get pretty thin when hot, but still real slippery to a point where you have to be real fast to catch it other than a drop on the end of the dip stick. you have to look real close at dip stick to see the film on it to check oil level afer 15/3. It sure shifts alot better with syn. oil though.
I know some cars will have oil leakage problems when switching to synthetic oils. I'm thinking of going back to conventional oil at next oil change just to see if it make a difference. If it doesn't then I will replace the seal in sec. drive unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts