M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Just to let you know I just fixed my bike's SECONDARY DRIVE SHAFT that was leaking / dripping. It cost me hell as my warranty was out and after I spoke to Suzuki Canada, they could not care less as everything goes trough warranty period. I tried to explain that this is not just my problem but their too, and that this design flaw is affecting many of us. My mechanic at Suzuki dealership told me that he thinks too this problem is design issue he also spoke to Suzuki Canada but apparently this problem is not affecting anybody's salary at Suzuki office so they are pretty much layed back and will not make any move. I payed what I had to, but
I do not know if problem is over or it will come back again as my mechanics is telling me the same. Anything is possible.
This is the first time that one Japanese bike leaks in my possession.
I never had any issue with Hondas and now I switched to Suzuki purely of design and yet after 6000km on, I have a problem on virtualy new bike, 2009 model.

·
Registered
147 Posts
secondary drive shaft?

sorry to hear your problems buddy,where exactly is the leak?is it the final drive shaft leaking somewhere?.........Whats the design issue that your spannerman thinks needs addressing.............hope you've cured it now...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same issue with my bike. The bike had 6k on it when the leak started. I got lucky the bike was still under its 1yr warranty. The bad thing is the bike was at the dealership for over a month before fixed.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
welcome to the worldof suzuki....had the same problem along with many others.
i wont buy another 9...............wait till the clutch shudder starts if it hasnt already.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is it for me. I never had issues with any other bike before. Apart of money issues, cost of fixing the problem, here in Canada we are limited with number of weeks on two wheels. So any day spent in dealership it directly against of my sunny days. I will wait to se next season what happen and if things are going with next to next problem I will let the bike out of my garage and go back to Honda where I was all this years. As much as i think there is no need to go over 1300ccm bike as what my mechanic is saying. this bike is generating huge preasure which pump it up through the secondary drive shaft and force oil to go the same way. He said it has not been designed properly to withhold this pressure. In other words as he added, one has to ride like a wimp not going over 120km/h to replicate bike of 800ccm (driving habits) and to keep pressure under control.
In addition, I have not yet experienced clutch shudder and cable snapping and high idling, and all that sh*** that comes with a territory of 109.
What a disappointment; few people asked me (with the compliments to bike) on a traffic light how do I like the bike as they plan to buy one soon. I told them to think twice about it as I am not satisfied with, how the clutch works, then vibrations, and all those known problems that many of us are experiencing.
Bottom line: I will never again go over 1300ccm bike for sure. :dontknow:???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts