M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the secondary (Zuk's definition of 'secondary drive' at the engine end) off the end of the drive shaft without removing the rear wheel, or am I kidding myself? :dontknow: I know it's a tight fit in there. I've got some noise that seems to be coming from under the side covers on the left side, under acceleration in the lower gears. I'm thinking the splines might need some lube (17K miles), but I really don't want to take the wheel off if I can get away with it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah , it can be done , going to spil some oil, and you goining to have to wiggle it out , but it can be done !!:bigthumbsup:
Becareful putting it back , there are two shims and an O ring , and look out for the oil port!!! ........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the axle bolt would let you do that. The wheel is not difficult to remove.
The Zuk vocabulary always confuses things...in Suzuki-speak the 'secondary drive' is generally referred to as the 'primary drive' on just about every other bike in the known universe. I'm looking to remove it from the engine end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , it can be done , going to spil some oil, and you goining to have to wiggle it out , but it can be done !!:bigthumbsup:
Becareful putting it back , there are two shims and an O ring , and look out for the oil port!!! ........
OK...time to plead ignorance. Where's the oil port?

·
Registered
260 Posts
there is a small oil channel , like a dowl , with a small O ring either end , this is where the 2ndary drive gets it's oil from the motor.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts