M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 109 really like it but the wife isn't as happy with the back seat as I hoped. I see several or you say you have the Suzuki Gel seat. How do you like it? Is if worth trying or would I be better off spending the big bucks on one of the aftermarket brands?:dontknow:
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Im picking up my bike on the 9th with new after market seats. I will let you know what my wife thinks of them.
Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I appreciate any info the Corbins are around 1K I can have the Gels shipped to me for $213 not sure if it's the fact thier Vinyl and the others are Leather or you get what you pay for?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The Suzuki Gel seats are nice...passenger seat is substantially thicker & the carbon fiber looks good...full cut is nice 4 taller riders with 2" pull back risers & highway fotrests...price is good too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
your wife will love the gel seat and will give an extra hour or two of comfort....... go for it!! be warned though...you may never get her off the back for those solo days:dontknow:

·
Registered
286 Posts
my wife said there was a huge difference between the stock and the gel seat.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have been using the Gel for about two years now... its much better than the stock seat.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
my wife would need to stop after 30-45 min with stock seats .....
bought corbin with backrest and now she has no problems with hour plus rides

expensive yes (thats why my drivers seat is still stock)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
After about 20 minutes on our first ride my wife made me stop, the stock seat was that bad. After we put on the gel seats she could easily ride for a couple hours.

But there's a better fix. Get her own bike. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
FYI Oneida's got them, if you can get the damn ordering system to work. Everyone else carbon fiber full cut is on back order. Just a heads up! Looks like a custom may be coming sooner than I thought!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Im going in weds morning the 9th and they are going to custom fit it to me then sew it up. Last saturday when I was there they had about 20 bikes there getting seats custom fitted to the riders. I will take lots of picks and post them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thank you all for the info sounds like a good way to go I'll get one ordered tonight!!!
By the way, I'll buy the old seats from you... Need them to send to baldylatino...inmediate buy if the price is right

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've had mine on for a couple of years now, for the price I think it's well worth it. I used to start squirming after a bout 45min on the stock but could go considerably longer before taking a break.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a set of the suzuki gels, I got the full cut. The wife likes the rear seat. I am about to get a set of Corbin's though. I want to take the sissy bar off and the Corbin's integrate the sissy bar into the rear seat. I might have a pretty good deal on some gels and sissy bar soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got a set of the suzuki gels, I got the full cut. The wife likes the rear seat. I am about to get a set of Corbin's though. I want to take the sissy bar off and the Corbin's integrate the sissy bar into the rear seat. I might have a pretty good deal on some gels and sissy bar soon.
I just might be interested in those gel seats. PM me if you really do want to sell them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts