M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read tons of bad stuff about corbin but I love how their passenger seat backrest looks. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mod a stocker to use one of their back rests since i saw a few on ebay. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jd I like to looks of it but I'm kinda wanting one I can remove like the corbin. Hoping someone with a corbin will chime in on how they fit and how the hardware works. I might just fab up something so I can use one of thier backrests with the stock pillion seat.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You'd have to get the mounting hardware, demel a hole in the base pan & seat cover...I'd imagine it can be done if you're handy enough.

Corbin probably sells the hardware, but I've seen it on eBay also. I can take some photos of what the setup looks like on my Corbin seat when I get home from work, unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A year ago or so I was reading about how nice the Corbin seats were. I looked into them and yes they are pricy. My main reason for wanting one was the passenger backrest. I didnt want any hardware left on after the seat was off.

Seams the day after I placed the order for the new seats was when I saw all the bad things about Corbin. So I sort of held my breath. They came last Friday. Put them on the bike Yestrday. I am very happy. They fit like a glove and look great.

As for the back rest, short of takeing the leather off the seat base you really cant see anything as far as structure. There is some kind of receiver in the seat sort of like a trailer hitch but very small. An allen head bolt comes up thru the bottom to lock the shaft on the backrest in place. Seems to be very secure.

Maybe if the monsoons ever stop I can go for a ride again!.

Jerry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts