M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recived an e-mail from Corbin in regards to a 2-piece seat they are now offering. Here it is with a link to the new seat.

Hey Mark,
Just to keep you inform that we do now have a seat for that bike.It is a
two piece seat that accomidates a backrest for the passanger.If you would
like to see a picture of this just click on this link.Thanx
sergio

http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/m109rsp.shtml

·
Registered
898 Posts
you know there seats may be the cat's meow.... they do look nice in the pics .... but $1140 seems rediculous to me...

khrome

·
Registered
814 Posts
I wonder if you can get these without the stitching? I like the clean, smooth look of the stock seats.

The main reason I'd get these is for the backrest. If these seats are available now, I'll order them just to get the backrest. Not to mention it's removable.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You know guys? I'm not sure if is me and the gas prices got me a little up set but look at this prices:

#S-M109R-F-E - Front saddle w/ Heat, 2006 M109 R - $599
#S-M109R-F - Front saddle no Heat, 2006 M109 R - $499
#S-M109R-R-E - Rear saddle w/ Heat, 2006 M109 R - $399
#S-M109R-R - Rear saddle no Heat, 2006 M109 R - $299
#02-S - Ovalbac Small Leatherite Carbon Style Aluminum look Primer Painted - Add $30.00 Chrome - Add $30.00 $239
#GLOVE-BOX - Glove Box only, Painted - $359
#Conditioner - Saddle Cream - $12.75

Don't we got a law in Florida (and many other states) regarding price gauging?

I think is ridiculous. :swear:

A whole seat for a Toyota Camry is not that expensive.... :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you mean price gouging than you are correct. But it would only apply if they were selling the same seat much higher than anyone else. There are many reasons these prices seem high. 1-Corbin makes a quality seat, 2- They are not mass produced and 3- My ass is worth every penny I can spend to keep it comfortable. :evil:

·
Registered
296 Posts
They are EXCELLENT seats ......have owned one and have ridden on several, very comfy, though they can limit movement sometimes .

HOLY MACKERAL those prices are ......well .......yikes. For non heated front back and backrest over $1K......sholy hit! Like the seat but mannnnn.....Maybe Sargent or someone else will make a nice one for much less.....maybe even Zuki's gel seat .........

·
Registered
211 Posts
Vetgasm said:
If you mean price gouging than you are correct. But it would only apply if they were selling the same seat much higher than anyone else. There are many reasons these prices seem high. 1-Corbin makes a quality seat, 2- They are not mass produced and 3- My ass is worth every penny I can spend to keep it comfortable. :evil:
Thanks for the correction (Gouging). My English is not very good looking. :D I do not have a problem paying five more grants to upgrade my bike ( I was going to get a VRod to begging with ). My point is about being reasonable. It is not reasonable to pay over one grant for a seat that do not cost 200 dollars to design and produce. Is that simple. And when somebody wants to get rich and take advantage of me, I'm not going to promote that. I hope you don't work for Corbin my friend but if you do I will hope you get pay according for what they charge for that seat.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Vetgasm said:
There you go...this is why they cost what they do... "cause someone will pay it" ... Not I ... I was thinking about it before the prices came out only because of the back rest but no way I am paying that...

wow not a day goes by something does'nt boggle my mind ... this one was it for today...

khrome

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
khrome13 said:
you know there seats may be the cat's meow.... they do look nice in the pics .... but $1140 seems rediculous to me...

khrome
I agree, I was expecting the front seat to come in around $300 like most of their solo seats. They seem to becoming very pround of their seats and shutting the dealers out so they can keep the price up. I was going to go with them but I can have a custom seat done locally for that and have a killer leather seat that is truly one of a kind.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I like the seat but the price is off the charts. I understand it take a lot of time and money to develop a new product but I think Corbin maybe a little over the top with these prices. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer to see what the other seat guys out there come up with. Anyone hear anything on Mustang?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Corbin's prices are a little bit on the high side, but I've owned them before and I love them. I'm sure that they can be found authorized Corbin dealers for cheaper than Corbin's website... which is how I purchased my Corbin. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ordered mine today. i went for the single without a heater. will post pics when it gets in.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
RaySDF250 said:
Corbin's prices are a little bit on the high side, but I've owned them before and I love them. I'm sure that they can be found authorized Corbin dealers for cheaper than Corbin's website... which is how I purchased my Corbin. :D
I have checked with a couple of dealers, Corbin is giving them almost no room. They don't seem to want dealers and want to go direct.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm going to mod my backseat to have a very small padded backrest. It is unfortunate that Corbin needs a grand for their solution.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey, generally speaking I am used to paying a "little" more for top quality........ but after seeing Corbins prices on the seats I came to the conclusion the only difference between Corbin and Jesse James is, is that Jesse James used a pistol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I hope Corbin visits this site...they will get a first hand opinion from the consumer...these prices are high and they know it...they think because we have a hot,new
bike we will be willing to pay whatever for a questionable upgrade.

They may be a little more "cushy" but $1,100.00  that's stupid...$400-600 I can see and I would have placed an order..maybe $700.00 at a stretch... if I knew
they were a must have.

Maybe they are gonna see how many orders they get based on the crazies that sign up for em...and if sales are sluggish maybe they will offer up a $400.00
rebate like Chevy does...maybe if your a member of the board and are at least a "very active member"you'll enjoy the savings...lol.. :eek:...if your a newbi.....$200.00 rebate.

I'm being funny about this...but it's a shame the price is this high...an above poster mentioned that it was 10% of the cost of the bike...I felt the same way
when I saw those obscene prices.

I can afford to buy them...sure would have whipped out the Platinum card..but not at that price ! way to high...and out of the posts so far 1 person is "ok"
and ordered and sucked up to the GREED factor ....I'd cancel if I were you...those seats arent that nice...I rather duck tape a pillow on the seat and be done !

My rant is now complete !

Corbin....be a fan favorite...not Bose ! they do the same sh&t ! That's why they are dying a slow death...Bose used to be in alot of autos...and used to be nice in the hometheater market...until they kept rising prices and making claims they didn't live upto.

Who carries Bose now...Circuit City and Sears.... ::) ,  Bring your prices down...and I'll place an order Corbin...LAmonster you should forward this thread to
Corbin, didn't you have drinks with one of the guys at that ride in NY...maybe they have to make up for that bar tab.... :D

I'm dissapointed , I was all set and ready to order...oh well...maybe that rebate will happen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
I hope Corbin visits this site...they will get a first hand opinion from the consumer...these prices are high and they know it...they think because we have a hot,new
bike we will be willing to pay whatever for a questionable upgrade.

They may be a little more "cushy" but $1,100.00Â that's stupid...$400-600 I can see and I would have placed an order..maybe $700.00 at a stretch... if I knew
they were a must have.

Maybe they are gonna see how many orders they get based on the crazies that sign up for em...and if sales are sluggish maybe they will offer up a $400.00
rebate like Chevy does...maybe if your a member of the board and are at least a "very active member"you'll enjoy the savings...lol.. :eek:...if your a newbi.....$200.00 rebate.

I'm being funny about this...but it's a shame the price is this high...an above poster mentioned that it was 10% of the cost of the bike...I felt the same way
when I saw those obscene prices.

I can afford to buy them...sure would have whipped out the Platinum card..but not at that price ! way to high...and out of the posts so far 1 person is "ok"
and ordered and sucked up to the GREED factor ....I'd cancel if I were you...those seats aren't that nice...I rather duck tape a pillow on the seat and be done !

My rant is now complete !

Corbin....be a fan favorite...not Bose ! they do the same sh&t ! That's why they are dying a slow death...Bose used to be in alot of autos...and used to be nice in the hometheater market...until they kept rising prices and making claims they didn't live upto.

Who carries Bose now...Circuit City and Sears.... ::) , Bring your prices down...and I'll place an order Corbin...LAmonster you should forward this thread to
Corbin, didn't you have drinks with one of the guys at that ride in NY...maybe they have to make up for that bar tab.... :D
You are right! :D They decided to charge us for the bar tab. Hell. For many bar tabs and also the show they have at the speed channel and may be all the Christmas bonuses they pay to them employees. I'm having someone to do mine for a couple hundred dollars.... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I do not have one of these bike just yet - but have been watching to see what all is going on with it. A local Suzuki dealer here gave me a copy of some Suzuki accessories on the way - and a backrest was one of them. Along with highway bars, hard saddlebags. So, Anyway, check with your dealers to see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts