M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a standard cut Suzuki gel seat and am not very impressed with it, I still get sore and go numb riding, just not as quickly or bad as with the stocker.

I have been researching seats, from what I am seeing, the Ultimate seems to be the most comfortable and the Corbin the better looking. While I do like things to look good, I am a bit more into it being comfortable. Problem is, my wife is having the same issue with the passenger seat and Ultimate does not make one.

I was thinking about ordering an Ultimate rider and Corbin rear. If I ordered the Corbin rear in black vinyl it should closely match the Ultimate. Has anyone tried this? I am assuming this will work since both with work with the stock rear seat. Plus, I can get the Ultimate rider seat with a backrest for the same $$ as the Corbin rider seat with no backrest.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
You’re going to get varying opinions and comments on this. So, I’m going to submit mine now, and be done with it. At the end of the day, you’ll have to do whatever you feel is best for you, regardless of mine or anyone else’s opinion/comments.

I’ve owned a variety of seats for the M109R...Standard Stock Seat (Full Set), Stock LE Seat (Full Set), Custom/Modified Stock Seat (Full Set), Suzuki Gel Seat (Full Set), Ultimate Seat (Rider Only), and Corbin Seat (Full Set w/both Backrests). I found the Ultimate Seat to be fairly comfortable. But, it was just too bulky, too wide, and too tall...from all the layers of material used to form and fit the padding for the seat. It felt like I was sitting on top of the bike, rather than sitting into the bike. Also, the comfort level was just a hair better than the Suzuki Gel Seat. The most notable difference for me was the odd seating position the bulky and tall seat put the rider in. I sold the Ultimate Seat rather quickly, and plan to purchase a full set of Corbin Seats w/Backrests for that particular M109R. I currently have a full set of Corbin Seats w/Backrests on one of my other M109Rs, and they are without debate or any doubt in my mind, the BEST AND MOST COMFORTABLE MOTORCYCLE SEATS I HAVE EVER OWNED. In my honest opinion, and speaking from experience, the Ultimate Seat can’t measure up to a Corbin Seat, in terms of comfort.

As for mixing a Rider’s Ultimate Seat with a Passenger Corbin Seat, and expecting the coverings to match is wishful thinking, and errant optimism...in my opinion. Corbin offers a variety of styles and textures of seat coverings. However, I’ve been on their website many, many times, and I’ve never seen one of the covers they offer that looks anything like the one and only covering provided on the Ultimate Seat. Mixing the seats is something I would steer far away from, and never recommend to anyone. It’s merely a personal, pet peeve I have with certain things being consistent throughout the bike. Mix-matched seats would be a huge eyesore for me.

I realize Corbin Seats are rather costly. That’s probably the #1 reason many bike owners have elected to go with something less expensive. However, I consider it to be money very well-spent on items that will make a huge difference and have a profoundly-positive impact on people’s riding comfort for as long as they continue to ride.

Good luck with your decision.

Most of all, be safe out there.😊😎👍🏽👊🏽👍🏽😎😊

Bobby

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bobby, I almost sent you an IM because I thought you had both at some point. I knew they wouldn't perfectly match, just wasn't sure how far off they would be, I was hoping the black vinyl on the corbin would match fairly closely with the Ultimate but wasn't sure but was leaning towards a full corbin set.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I asked the question on FB about matching the ultimate front with Corbin rear. I was more interested if they will line up correctly, I was told they don’t. Just an FYI

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I have the Suzuki Full Cut gel seat and love it. BIG improvement over the stock seat.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I currently own a set of Corbin Seats and the Suzuki Gel cut seats, the Corbin is way better and worth the money
:agree: 1000% Chrispy!!!

I too have a full set of Corbin Seats for my 08' model 9, and a full set of Suzuki Gel Seats for my 07' model 9. Based on currently having and riding with both sets on any given day, my honest assessment is the Corbin Seats are leaps and bounds more comfortable and of much better quality than the Suzuki Gel Seats. The Gel Seats are not awful, by any means. They're just not in the same league as the Corbin Seats. In my opinion, $1582.00 for a full set of Corbin Seats w/both Backrests is money well-spent for hours, miles, and years of extremely-comfortable seat time on my bikes. I also have a full set on my Honda Rune. My wife loves the comfort of the Corbin Seats, which solidifies my decision to spend that much money for a set of seats. For me, there's no better seat than a Corbin seat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I am planning on ordering the Corbins soon, will have a set of brand new standard cut suzuki gels for sale once they come in. They are MUCH better than the stock but still not to my liking.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Yea, I am planning on ordering the Corbins soon, will have a set of brand new standard cut suzuki gels for sale once they come in. They are MUCH better than the stock but still not to my liking.
You shouldn't have any troubles selling your Gel Seats on this Forum.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
anyone have a link to these corbin seats?
Here is the link.
If you click on the "Design It" button (under the order tab) it will take to you to a design simulator and you can play around with different materials, piping, and logo colors.
Corbin also offers a number of different stitching patterns as well that are not shown on the simulator. But you can call and speak to the directly to get stitching options.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Here is the link.
If you click on the "Design It" button (under the order tab) it will take to you to a design simulator and you can play around with different materials, piping, and logo colors.
Corbin also offers a number of different stitching patterns as well that are not shown on the simulator. But you can call and speak to the directly to get stitching options.

BCS, I had a Corbin made this winter to match the passenger on that I bought from you for my wife last year. They did a GREAT job matching everything up. I can't wait to give it a try once the roads are clean and the snow and ice are gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I envy you guys having access to Corbin seats at reasonable prices.
I live in Australia and today I received a quote from the Australian Agent for Corbin and the cost for the two seats being rider and pillion plus 2 backrests would be I bit over $4,400 Australian!!!!!

To put that cost into prospective a brand new M109R here costs $21,950 ride away.

So it seems Corbin don’t want to sell their seats in Australia.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,662 Posts
I live in Australia and today I received a quote from the Australian Agent for Corbin and the cost for the two seats being rider and pillion plus 2 backrests would be I bit over $4,400 Australian!!!!!

To put that cost into prospective a brand new M109R here costs $21,950 ride away.

Would that be caused by high Ausie tax and duty?

·
Registered
3,566 Posts

Prices for everything have gone way up, that combo is not nearly as affordable here now either.
This is what happens when you double the minimum wage and implement political policy that causes rapid inflation.(As we have now done in the USA)
It increases the cost of every product and service and the price of everything is jumping up very fast.
So those making minimum wage are actually not all that much better off.....its only serving to drag the middle class down.
Don't know about the rest of you but I certainly did not see a 50% increase in my paycheck like unskilled minimum wage workers did. I did not see any increase in my pay at at all for that matter.
So now my dollar buys less and does not go as far....thus making me poorer.

My price for the same set up you mention above is right at $1900.00 USD ($2570.00 AUD) after tax at this moment.
Can't remember if Corbin charges for delivery or not in the USA, but if they do then this combo would cost around $2000,00 for us in the USA.
Over a 25% cost increase from just a short while back.

By your quote the price is increased by 50% on top of that for in Australia.
I know shipping overseas is high priced now as well but it does not cost $1000 to ship for sure.
I had a few guys in Australia interested in a Corbin seat I was selling. But shipping quote was $100-$120 (USD) or so to get there.

New M109R in the USA is $14,500, so that seat combo is right at 13.8% the cost of a new bike here.
The figure you give above puts the seat combo at 20% the cost of a new bike in Australia.

That is tough to swallow, but on the bright side, the way things are going the progressive left will get their wish and soon everyone in the world will be equal.......equally poor.

BCS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts