M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamont~

I think we need a training seminar on how to use this "SEARCH" function. There are far too many people not using this unique feature. I know you put it on there for a specific purpose, just wish others would use it.

If you are reading this......please use search function before posting topic. Many topics have been repeated and are clogging up the board. Thankyou!  :bigthumbsup:

Anyone else agree or does this just bother me??

Hey has anyone had problems with their bike being overfilled with oil? :joke:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I agree josh

what did you pay for your bike?
anybody cut out the baffles?
got your jacket yet?
etc.,etc., :joke:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try to exercise some patience. We got boatloads of newbies coming on board all the time and it will take some of them a day or two to get acclimated.

G

·
Lamont,,maybe make a sticky on how to use the Search Engine?...its all good for me.....The board is growing so fast.... :D and I'm just glad to be here..... :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zukii said:
Try to exercise some patience. We got boatloads of newbies coming on board all the time and it will take some of them a day or two to get acclimated.
That's what the doctor has right?? :joke: I know there are lots of newbies, that's why I thought I'd post this. Maybe they'd read it and learn!! I love this site!! :doorag:

G

·
I still think it would be a good idea to have a NEWBIE INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME spot....?anyone else think the same?

·
Registered
844 Posts
AS a recent new-comer, I can tell you that there is a HUGE amount of information on this site. SEARCHING is fine, but it took me many hours to read enough of the threads to figure out what the "maniac mod" refers to, and that it is essentially the same as a JSD-2. The site is a goldmine of information, but unless you use the same terminology in your search that others are using for the same topic, Searching may not help you that much.

In addition, there are now NUMEROUS threads related to pipes (pipe choices, making LOUD pipes quieter, modifying the stock pipes, tuning the bike after adding pipes, etc.) The same is true for windshields, seats, sissybars, etc. (just to name a few). It is very difficult to jump into the middle of all these threads and get them to make coherent sense. The oldbies (as opposed to newbies) know what is on the site since they have been following it from the beginning, and have watched most of the threads since they developed.

Having said all that, I agree that a NEWBIE INTRODUCTION and WELCOME is a great idea. Just don't underestimate how much STUFF is already on the site -- and it is essentially in chronological order. It is like showing up in the middle of a conversation that has been going on for a few months -- it's hard to know what has already been said, unless you invest MANY HOURS reading the multiple threads that have been generated. SEARCHING can help, but it isn't the entire solution IMHO.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Lamont~

I think we need a training seminar on how to use this "SEARCH" function. There are far too many people not using this unique feature. I know you put it on there for a specific purpose, just wish others would use it.

If you are reading this......please use search function before posting topic. Many topics have been repeated and are clogging up the board. Thankyou! :bigthumbsup:

Anyone else agree or does this just bother me??

Hey has anyone had problems with their bike being overfilled with oil? :joke:
Funny you mention this. Check this link out.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=199.0
:a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20:

G

·
Too much info and in just two months.

I search for stuff quite often.

And using the advanced search is better than the standard search.

I try to think of one word that would be in the post and use that as my search term.

I also try to put a name in the search. The * is good if you aren't sure of the spelling of their board name. For Lamonster I always use Lam* as my author search. My board name is halgreenlee but I always use hal* when searching.

Sometimes you may have to read a few of the responses to find some unique words that were used relative to the subject. Then do a new search using that term you just found.

Multiple word searches can be tricky as different rules apply for them and I always start out with a single word search.

I have always found 99% of what I am looking for.

This board is like walking into a big public library. You know what you are looking for is here but you have to invest a few minutes to find it. There is no way to categorize a board that makes it any easier than it is now.

Half the fun of searching is finding stuff that you missed the first time it was posted.

·
Registered
211 Posts
rynosback said:
Funny you mention this. Check this link out.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=199.0
:a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20:
This is so funny. I guess Joshua did not follow his own search instruction. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

May be a big warning on the Home page on big bold letters unstead of this:

M109Riders.com is ready for prime time as of April 5 2006. This is a new bike and it seemed only fitting to have a new website dedicated to the
Suzuki M109R and it's new and prospective owners.
Don't be a "Guest" ,be a member! Sign up for an account while the site is still young!

referencing the search and requesting to do an advance search before posting new subjects. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:duck: :duck: :duck: Eating my own words!! Guess I should have searched this!! :redfaced: :redfaced: :redfaced:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts