M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there is a guy here in Fl that will make that nasty looking seam tank seamless the site is zxz motorcycles I believe. This will change the looks to finally nice!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, that's the ONLY thing I can't stand about the 109, that cheap looking tank seam. :mad:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Been there, done that. $200 to fill it with bondo while having it painted. They said they didn't want to roll it under because there was too big of a chance for leakage. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think Vtxoak actually does roll the seam and then use bondo or some other fill method to make it smooth, we were talking about it at one time but I deleted the PM's and I've put a lot more info into my head since then so that kinda leaked out I'm afraid 8)

·
Registered
159 Posts
you can roll them or fill them.  We always fill them, for a variety of reasons.  Rolling them is fine too, but then I'd suggest using an epoxy sealer on the inside of the tank just to be on the safe side (and PLEASE for the love of God do NOT use that KREEM crap!!!!).  We pressure test and epoxy seal tanks anytime any welding/cutting is done on the tank, just to be safe. 

"Bondo" is the generic term most people use for a filler, although the reality is Bondo is the cheap junk available to the general public through the Pep Boys and Advance auto parts type stores.  We use 3 different specifically designed filler-type products in our tank seam fills, so that you won't have problems later on with big chunks cracking and falling out ::) , although all our work has a lifetime warranty anyhow 8)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah I said "Bondo" as a general term, figuring most people will get my drift. I have no clue what they actually used, but I'm sure it's good stuff since the best body shop in town did the work. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts