M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think the key words here are: Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines Autos, Trucks, and Tractors. I don't think this would be safe on FI bikes, probably would attack the plastics.

C-One

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Used the stuff in my dad's F150 SVT Lightning...AMAZING!!!!!

I would contact Sea-Foam to establish if it can be used...but, they use it in lawnmowers, etc

overall everyone that uses it says WOW!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :bigthumbsup:, my dad is thinking about putting it in his bike so I will give him the heads up :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I dont know about sea foam....

But I know boiling water always worked on my old carberated cars...

Warm the engine fully
Raise the revs
Slowly pour boiling water in, dont let it stall
It would literally steam clean the entire intake, pistons, and exhaust!!

It was like an instant tune up, Thanks Grand Pa!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bar Bag ? Where did you get yours, do you have any pics ? Don't know what to think about the hot water :dontknow: :D

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have been using seafoam in ALL my internal combustion engines. I would not be afraid to use it in my 109. I was a professional mechanic for 25yrs. I highly recommend this product and it will NOT attack plastic parts!!!!!! Very good for fuel injection keeps it clean :bigthumbsup: Just do not spill on your paint :eek:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
BearCom said:
Bar Bag ? Where did you get yours, do you have any pics ? Don't know what to think about the hot water :dontknow: :D
The boiling water always worked great. agin these were carbverated cars. Inside is hot enough to instantly turn it to steam.....

DONT STALL!!!

The bar bag (toolbag) can be had from many catalogs

pics

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

Sled

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Got some concerns on this product so here goes for those of you in the "know" on it.

1) Does it lower octane when added to fuel like say, STP does? If so, I'd really doubt its safe to use on our bikes, especially with the JSD's installed.

2) When added to oil it promises to "clean" many of the parts within the engine. How many of you out there wouldn't be afraid of jacking up your clutch by adding something like this to the crankcase? Love my bike too much to risk it personally, without seeing some data to back it up.

3) Is this stuff safe to add to full synthetic oil since its "100% petroleum based" as stated on its web-site? (Oil-Doc?)

4) What is it going to do to these new micro-guard oil filters many of us have bought from Amsoil?

Probably just being a nervous nit about some of these products, but I'd rather be nervous about them and get enough information to make a good desicion rather than run off and be the first to try it and end up needing a new engine / tranny / clutch / FI system... etc

Thanks for any info you guys may have.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DaltonH said:
Got some concerns on this product so here goes for those of you in the "know" on it.

1) Does it lower octane when added to fuel like say, STP does? If so, I'd really doubt its safe to use on our bikes, especially with the JSD's installed.

2) When added to oil it promises to "clean" many of the parts within the engine. How many of you out there wouldn't be afraid of jacking up your clutch by adding something like this to the crankcase? Love my bike too much to risk it personally, without seeing some data to back it up.

3) Is this stuff safe to add to full synthetic oil since its "100% petroleum based" as stated on its web-site? (Oil-Doc?)

4)Â What is it going to do to these new micro-guard oil filters many of us have bought from Amsoil?

Probably just being a nervous nit about some of these products, but I'd rather be nervous about them and get enough information to make a good desicion rather than run off and be the first to try it and end up needing a new engine / tranny / clutch / FI system... etc

Thanks for any info you guys may have.
Well thought out :bigthumbsup: I would like to know these things as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have used the Seafoam in all my vehicles as an additive to the fuel system-not a problem one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
J R said:
Is your bike having any issues that would make you think you need to use somthing like this ? :dontknow:
My Dad was talking about using it ? He's got a new nomad and I told him I would try to get some first hand info from here. JR let me know when you recieve the pipes I got coming your way, they will be out of Wyoming. The guys getting married so God only knows when you will get them :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
J R said:
I will personally see to it :bigthumbsup: We got so many orders right now we can hardly keep up :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks Bro :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used it on the Farm for just about everything. Used it in the fuel only. Worked great on engines that were stored for long periods of time. Chainsaws, generators, small pump engines, etc. Have already used it on my M109 and I have the JSD-3M installed, no problems. It displaces water and cleans very well. Would recommend using it before putting your M109 up for the winter.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
fltops1 said:
Would recommend using it before putting your M109 up for the winter.
Don't really have "winter" exactly where I live.. we just have a month or two of lower than scorching temperatures and occassional rain.. after that its back to "Holy :edit: its hot today" for around 8-10 months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts