M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
It depends on the look you want as the mirrors and position is the same. The Scythe II has the plainer arm, the original Scythe has the heavier arm that looks more like a scythe handle.

I have the Scythe II and love them. I got it because I thought they looked a little more trim and the curve of the arm better matched the bike. The original Scythe does look a little more wicked.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It depends on the look you want as the mirrors and position is the same. The Scythe II has the plainer arm, the original Scythe has the heavier arm that looks more like a scythe handle.

I have the Scythe II and love them. I got it because I thought they looked a little more trim and the curve of the arm better matched the bike. The original Scythe does look a little more wicked.
:agree: and have the same ones.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
way smaller than the stock ones so they take some getting used to.... :D
It's been so long since I had the stock mirrors that I forgot how they worked. The Scythe are shorter in height but wider than the stock mirrors, and they stick out further. After changing from some smaller mirrors I thought these looked like wide angle mirrors, because you can see 3 lanes behind you. :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
have scythe II. the mean looking one. By the way how you guys manage to keep it in one place? are the allen screws metric or english?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
have scythe II. the mean looking one. By the way how you guys manage to keep it in one place? are the allen screws metric or english?
I believe they are English thread. I went to the hardware store and got longer set screws and used RED loctite on them. Mine have stayed put for 2 years.

·
Registered
769 Posts
thanks buddy. I guess I `ll do the sanme. Mine keep coming back and moving.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I ran the set screws in to mark the adapter, removed the adapter, and drilled some small dimples in them. That way the set screws have something to seat in. You can't turn the set screws down tight enough to get a good grip on the adapters without stripping them.

And then I red loctited them too. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts