M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used Mothers Stage 1 Power Polish to remove swirls and scratches.
Used Stage 2 Power Wax for high gloss protection of clear-coat.
Both available at auto parts stores at about $9 ea.
Best if used with high quality large CLEAN buffing/polishing pad at around 1500 RPM.
Bradbike

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
dilbertian said:
Thanks, I will try it on my wrecked exhaust!
Try the finest steel wool you can get 003 and mothers billet polish. Get it very wet in the mothers then rub it out and see how it does. The trick is getting it wet with the cream.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Man, you guys on this board are awesome with the ideas and solutions... Thanks to all! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
vtxoak said:
Try the finest steel wool you can get 003 and mothers billet polish. Get it very wet in the mothers then rub it out and see how it does. The trick is getting it wet with the cream.
Is this for paint? Chrome? I see the word billet and I am thinking chrome but would like to be sure

PS

Always listen to appearence tips from a paint guy!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

·
Registered
243 Posts
vtxoak said:
Try the finest steel wool you can get 003 and mothers billet polish. Get it very wet in the mothers then rub it out and see how it does. The trick is getting it wet with the cream.
Can I use steel wool and mothers on these??? They are not just surface scratches, the are in the top layer of metal. I am worried that if I start to rub in these spots, I might have to do the whole riser... vtoak, any thoughts on this?Â

1 - 9 of 9 Posts