M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great ride with the jazzman again this week. We also met up with Glenn. I saw his matching Burple 109 parked at the building across the street from where I work and left my card and he met us for the ride into the mountains.

We had a great ride, and represented the 109 well. We got MANY MANY looks and questions!
Well somewhere on some 25mph (posted) I leaned it over far enough to touch the pipes down. I felt it, and thought wow I think my pipe just touched... It handled fine. Well 1 second later another turn was fast approaching and I forgot till I got to the party my wife made sure I did not forget to attend. I was talking about the 109 to a possible new recruit and saw it.
Then I made the big mistake. My helmet is on the right grip... I tell the guy there... go ahead and sit on it (I am now standing at the left rear) its in gera... it wont roll but plaes be careful of the helmet...
He stands it up straight... the helmet starts falling and in one breath I say watchout, let it fall... because as it started to fall, he started to reach for it.

HE DROPPED MY BIKE! I COULD NOT STOP IT! :cus: :cus: :cus: :swear: :swear: :swear: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Luckily??? It landed on his leg. It was still a little scratched/reformed. I picked it up as fast as I could. He did a great job minimizing the damage.
If I were to ask I know he would pony up the $1400. but I will not.
Kind of took the happy accomplishment feeling away of leaning that far over... but anyway here is a pic of my scrape. My pics of his damage did not come our right do to the flash.

DAMN!! Frappr is sucking out... I cant upload a pic!!
Just imagine it here for now... I am not waiting and retyping all that!

Sledzep

Edited... I hit submit by accident...

·
Registered
572 Posts
WOW, hopefully you didn't hurt her too badly...

What damage was done, and HOPEFULLY, did he offer to pay for it to be fixed?

If he said he wouldn't fix it, you DID hopefully take it out of somewhere else I hope?

Sorry!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh dude, that inhales vigorously...

I hope you get it fixed quickly and the guy ponies up for the damage he caused. Accidents are accidents, but I hope he accepts SOME responsibility.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Breaker said:
Hate to hear that. Did you actually scrape your pipes, or was the scraping done by the dude that dropped it?
I scraped them in a curve... He reformed the heat shield a little and removed a little chrome in another place by pushing one pipe or shield into another at a seam where they meet.

Sledzep

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Ouch! I think I would have blown a gasket!  :verymad:

Sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully it's not too expensive to fix.

Also, I agree he outta pony up the $$$ to fix it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Sled. Email me the pic and I'll post it for you from my image site.

I'm really bummed to hear about the drop. I'm with the other comment, I might have brained him. Your a good man to take this in such stride, but inside I know your probably torn up about it.

Maybe it's time to do the JR exhaust?

Sorry to hear you had a bad end to the day - but our ride with Glen was great. You got the first pipe scrape today the honest way. You were really straightening out those curves and we weren't just loafing around on them either!!! It was an A1 ride today and with the three 09's together I think we really turned some heads.

How about send me Glen's contact info if you send the pic. I'd like to be able to keep in touch and I forgot to exchange cards.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, Wifes friends husband. I offered for him to sit on it. Some things are just accidents and are not somebodys fault. I am glad he was not hurt.
He started to say something like he would, I told him to forget it. That part is like $1400.00 it is near where my dealer scratched it thats how I know the price. I did not tell him the price.

Maybe he will be genreous to someone else the next time something happens to him. I will only see it when I wash it. When I wash it I have my 2 Sons help (8 & .5yrs old). They add some small scars every time but the fun together is worth it. Saturday we used 15 microfiber cloths. If it touches the floor you get a new one ;)

I once had a guy bump my truck at a light because he was on the phone. He was freaked out, I was not. I told him I would forget it if he would let someone off the hook next time. I hope he did. What comes around, goes around.

P.S. frappr still sucking out. I guess their support left their pager at home...

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jazzman said:
Sled. Email me the pic and I'll post it for you from my image site.

I'm really bummed to hear about the drop. I'm with the other comment, I might have brained him. Your a good man to take this in such stride, but inside I know your probably torn up about it.

Maybe it's time to do the JR exhaust?

Sorry to hear you had a bad end to the day - but our ride with Glen was great. You got the first pipe scrape today the honest way. You were really straightening out those curves and we weren't just loafing around on them either!!! It was an A1 ride today and with the three 09's together I think we really turned some heads.

How about send me Glen's contact info if you send the pic. I'd like to be able to keep in touch and I forgot to exchange cards.
Pic on the way ( I made it smaller) with Glens info.
Yeah I did not do too bad for a beginner!

Sledzep

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop bro. Glad noone was hurt, only feelings a little bit. :doorag:

I'm getting WAY too comfortable folding up the pegs in turns too :evil:, thought I heard a funy sound like "not peg" the other day but I couldn't imagine where the scrape might be. Now I know where to look.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jazz for posting the pic.

The week before I noticed the same scrape on Jazzmans pipes. Thats how I knew where to look.

Sledzep

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Thanks Jazz for posting the pic.

The week before I noticed the same scrape on Jazzmans pipes. Thats how I knew where to look.

Sledzep
I know one time today (ok yesterday) I saw a shower of sparks come from under your bike. I think maybe we've been playing the sportbike thing a bit too hard don't ya think?

Naahhhh!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts