M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I am not using that exact stuff, but I am using a similar product on my chin spoiler and it really has kept the piece looking good. :doorag:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks interesting but how is long term durability? Adhesive staying on and not discoloring from the sun. Not to mention getting it on w/o air bubbles.:dontknow:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Put a piece between the seat and tank when I bought my 06 burple so the seat would not wear the paint off.The stuff I used was made by 3m co I have used it for years on auto`s with no issues or discoloration over time either.The nice thing about it is it peels off and looks brand new under it and clean it up and install another piece,keep you investment looking good for a long time

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen videos of people putting on the cut to fit versions and it doesn't look hard at all and air bubbles just get seemed out.

Never tried it but its gotta be better than my painters tape method for when I put the luggage pack on the back :D.

I will definitely be trying it out on my Z1K tho. Worst case scenario peel it off and back to the painters tape!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
One problem! this kit does not contain a piece for the headlight cowl. It has one for the headlight lens, but nothing for the cowl----oh that just happens to be the most road damaged area. Also, I do not see one for the tachometer either. Just a thought!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The worst part for me was the front wheel fender. Funny how they just have little cut outs for the sides of it - S M R T!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:doorag:that would be great where the keys rub the side cover:doorag:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Looks interesting but how is long term durability? Adhesive staying on and not discoloring from the sun. Not to mention getting it on w/o air bubbles.:dontknow:
long term duarability should not be a problem, especially if installed properly. it goes on just like window tint and the air bubbles are easily removed with a credit card or squigee. if you buy the proper product by 3M and not a knockoff then you should have no problem with discoloring. keep in mind that even if there is discoloring it is only going to be visible on bikes that are white. any other colors will hardly even notice it.

i have use the "venture shield" line of products on my bikes for the past several years and they have all turned out great and have not had any negative effects. however, i don't use the full kit. i only apply the 3M coating on the lower half of the gas tank area where it meets up with the seat. it helps a great deal in reducing the amount of wear and tear in that area from jackets rubbing on it. it looks crystal clear and invisible.

absolutely great product and worth every penny.

·
Registered
503 Posts
:dontknow: When you guy's grew up. Did your mom's have those plastic things over the chairs and carpet runways. I understand ya like to keep your pride and joy in as good as shape as posibile, maybe they make a big condom ya can slide over it :joke:

·
Registered
232 Posts
3M product is great. I've used it on trucks in the past. Easy to apply, no paint fading and excellent durability. If you are only going to cover a small area it would be cheaper to purchase sheet and cut out what you need. Under the saddlebag applications would be great. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts