M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be a common theme, and I swear I have searched and searched, but I have not found a difinitive answer..

Has anyone succesffully been able to put the raw design scorpion tips on an M90? :dontknow:???

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
only raw design them selves regarding the scorpion tips, and they say you gotta cut your heat shield and buy some chrome piece from autozone, they didn't document it either and probably wont respond to your emails. customer service is the suck.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Is the exhaust the same diameter as a 109? If they are, I can't see any reason why you couldn't do that mod.

The door trim from autozone is optional. I did not use it on mine, because it looks like azz.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think its a bit different, another member took his exhaust to a shop and after cutting his top exhaust off they decided it wasn't doable =/ once i purchase his tips ill give it a go, just hope i dont have buy another exhaust out of pocket =-/

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. I e-mailed them directly and they responded that it was do-able. and referenced M90 "forums" that I could reference..:cus: As if I was stupid for asking..

I responded that I was a member of a forum, and that I was unable to find one person that had gotten it to work well...

Shockingly I havent heard back..:dontknow:

Sucks bc I would buy it in two seconds if wasnt going to be a huge pain..

·
Registered
262 Posts
you should be able to do the short stocker mod on a 90.... but im not 100%.

just an option....and maybe save some cash:dontknow:

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you can cut and weld you should be able to get the tips on.

The problem lies in the rear support bracket.... the bracket attaches much further back. You are left with one of 2 choices... let it hang from the jug with no support or fabricate a mount that will work.

As soon as i get i little extra cash i am going pick a set up and let my buddy have the bike for a few days... he is a great fabricator and should be able to make something for it rather quickly.

Scorpion tips are my #1 choice for exhaust... hopefully the extra cash comes in quickly so i can get started on them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately I have no welding equipment, and or welding ability..:redfaced:

I may talk to the dealer and see what they may be willing to do...

Def would like to hear how it goes for you. The scorpion tips are my #1 choice as well...

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you can cut and weld you should be able to get the tips on.

The problem lies in the rear support bracket.... the bracket attaches much further back. You are left with one of 2 choices... let it hang from the jug with no support or fabricate a mount that will work.

As soon as i get i little extra cash i am going pick a set up and let my buddy have the bike for a few days... he is a great fabricator and should be able to make something for it rather quickly.

Scorpion tips are my #1 choice for exhaust... hopefully the extra cash comes in quickly so i can get started on them.
Guys / Gals.

I've said it before and will say it again...if you are not getting the answers you need (although you may still not like the answer) ask for ME Sorry but I don't get to check all the boards frequently. You can also email me direct at the address in my signature.
The above comment is dead on. Our experience is that without the substantial weight of the mufflers that get removed for installation of the tips, you can get away without the back support. Once the pipes are off the bike and tips are temporarily in place, a muffler shop should be able to tack weld them in 15 minutes. DO NOT DO SOLID WELD or they will blue. 3 tack welds of 1/2"-1" long each are more than sufficient. Space them 120 degrees apart.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Might be a foolish question, but being new to the M90....where does a guy acquire the scorpion tips? I can take care of the welding no problem.

Red

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of it on a M90 before I forked over that kinda cash... I'm sure it fits well on the 109 but the M90 always offers surprises.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put them on mine its really easy... I welded everything together and added an O2 senor for the powercommander.. i posted some pics, it sounds and looks awesome the pics dont really do it justice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts