M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should've asked before jumping into a purchase, but, well, I have mod fever with my new 9'. SO, I went out and got 2" lowering bones and a set of Scorpion Exhaust tips. I cant wait to install this stuff!!!

My question is, who here has these, what do you think of them, and how do they look? I read over the installation thread, and the instructions that come with the pipes, so the install doesnt concern me. What my concern is, is that these things are going to be way too loud. I live in a condo and well, its probably gonna wake the neighbors when I start this thing... LOL. :D

I grew up with loud cars so I love any motor that has great depth and a good rumble, but I am sure the condo complex wont feel the same. SO how loud aret these things? Is it ridiculous to the point that long rides start to suck? And lastly, how bad are the clearance problems when you lower the rear end? Thanks in advance!!!!:p

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The tips look good IMHO, I heard a 9 with them once. From what I remember they were not obnoxiously loud. I did not lower mine because of my height, but it does look good. Some members here say it might be a problem if riding 2 up or leaning hard, you will scrape easier.

:pop::pop:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If I creep in with mine late at night my neighbors don't complain and trust me they love to complain about everything. The nice thing is that the set valve remains in place and muffles it a little at low speed.

If the pipes are turned out at 3:00 then they can be extremely loud. If you move them down to around 4:30-5:30 you will gain a little reversion at low RPM and it's pretty nice. Open it up or lug the motor and it will be plenty loud.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have

I have the same setup with the scorpions and the 2" drop. See my led pics

I guess I should've asked before jumping into a purchase, but, well, I have mod fever with my new 9'. SO, I went out and got 2" lowering bones and a set of Scorpion Exhaust tips. I cant wait to install this stuff!!!

My question is, who here has these, what do you think of them, and how do they look? I read over the installation thread, and the instructions that come with the pipes, so the install doesnt concern me. What my concern is, is that these things are going to be way too loud. I live in a condo and well, its probably gonna wake the neighbors when I start this thing... LOL. :D

I grew up with loud cars so I love any motor that has great depth and a good rumble, but I am sure the condo complex wont feel the same. SO how loud aret these things? Is it ridiculous to the point that long rides start to suck? And lastly, how bad are the clearance problems when you lower the rear end? Thanks in advance!!!!:p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE:

Thanks for the advice guys. "ghostm109" what pipes do you have? and do you have any pics of you're 109?

Robert, you have an amazing ride man :bigthumbsup: I love the look of your pipes, they look like they're at the perfect angle. Did you do your intake or a fuel processor when you did your pipes? Do you need a fuel processor when you do just the pipes or can I get away with just the Scorpion Exhaust without having to mess with the computer?

Thanks again guys!!! :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. "ghostm109" what pipes do you have? and do you have any pics of you're 109?

Robert, you have an amazing ride man :bigthumbsup: I love the look of your pipes, they look like they're at the perfect angle. Did you do your intake or a fuel processor when you did your pipes? Do you need a fuel processor when you do just the pipes or can I get away with just the Scorpion Exhaust without having to mess with the computer?

I have the Hardkrome Sideburner 2 into 1 ( they sound very good). Problem with pipes is, you don't know ahead of time what they will sound like. It was the first mod I did with the chrome rims. I have to uplaod some pics, maybe tomorrow. BTW, I did the PC III when I changed my pipe, I was told I needed to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same setup with the scorpions and the 2" drop. See my led pics
Holy :edit: wrisperj!!! You got a sweet lookin ride man!!! I just love the look of the Scorpion Tips. Your license plate holder is sweet! :bigthumbsup: How was the install on that and where'd ya get it?! And Holy Chrome!!! Sweet ride man! :p

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Thanks and those are old pics. I ran for awhile with out a fuel management unit. I made my own TRE open air filters and the welded on the tips after some trials with some screws trying to find the perfect balance of sound without a head ache. The bike ran very well. I don't beat the crap out of it but I was happy with it. A friend of mine gave me an old DFO fuel tuner when he swapped over to a PC III usb and the difference was unreal. Even a stock bike could benefit from a tuner. Even if all you get is a Fi2000. Well worth it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have the scorpion tips and 2.25" bones. i love the tips for both the sound and look. they are louder than stock but not incredibly loud like sideburners or bassani or bms exhausts.
if you slowly creep in and out of your condo area and know how to be light on the throttle, you will have no complaints from anyone. however, when you crack that throttle the sound is amazing!!!

here are a few pictures of my tips mounted at a 45 degree angle, which i think is the best way to install them. not too loud and they offer the best look at that angle in my opinion.

·
Registered
741 Posts

Check my album and you can see a couple of pics of my Scorpion tips. I think they make the bike sound like it should.

Just got mine lowered 2" also. It rides so much better now. I will have more pics in the next few days...

Those are two of the best mods you can make...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RE:

Jester, yer bike looks great man! :bigthumbsup:

You do anything to the computer like a fuel processor? How's the bike run with stock airboxes and the tips?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i have them and love them they sound great

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jester, yer bike looks great man! :bigthumbsup:

You do anything to the computer like a fuel processor? How's the bike run with stock airboxes and the tips?
Yes, when I put the Scorpion tips on, it started popping a bit. I added the Cobra FI2000 and it corrected the popping, plus the bike seems to have more power. Definitely, would recommend doing a fuel mgmt mod.

I just recently had Duck's do my air cover mod and getting more air in, made a difference too.

Will have more pics soon...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reaper, your bike looks awesome too! I like the intake you have on yours... *jealousy*

well, looks like i'll have to save up and get a Fi2000R now... man, this modding phase is getting expensive!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
313 Posts
If anyone lives in CA and wants a set of stock pipes with welded on scorpion tips hit me up. I have a set for sale. Only on the bike for a couple hundred miles until my Raw pipe showed up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts