M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month wait on back ordered Scorpion tips from DLP, I checked my Email tuesday morning and lo and behold the UPS was set to deliver.

I usually have bad luck with UPS man finding me and end up driving a 40mile round trip to pick up my orders. so I made a large sign that couldnt be missed and placed it by the road. 4pm rolls by and I get that bad feeling and call the local UPS and ask where my package is at and the woman tells me that they just transferred from one truck to the next and it should be there any minute....

An hour and a half later I call them back up and the woman tells me they made a mistake and brought my order back to the UPS building.

After much :edit::edit::edit::edit::edit::edit::edit::edit::edit::edit: I think I made her cry.....

She tells me they will send it out again in the morning. I tell her not to bother because I dont want it 'mistakingly' shipped back to florida. So off I go ......... I get there and they refused giving it to me because I forgot my ID...After much:edit::swear::edit::swear::edit::swear::edit: she relents and hands it to me.

So now I'm as happy as a slut in a dildo shop and begin my Scorpion Tip install....

The job was pretty easy, in fact I didnt pull the exhaust. Now-as I put on the top tip, I slip my hand down the tip and feel something 'powdery' on my hand and look at shiney chrome flakes on my fingers. WTF-A 50 cent size bit of chrome just flaked off the top of the tip!

I called DLP this morn and they said they had no more in stock and that I should call Raw Perfomance. I did. Good news is a guy by the name of Justin is taking care of this problem by overnighting me a new set next week. He said a new batch will be in from chroming then. I told him I needed but one but he said he will send me a set-wouldn hurt to have a spare:bigthumbsup: Thats good service folks!

Damn these tips are loud-I LUV IT! Took a spin down the road last night and my cell rang-Was my best friend who also happens to be my neighbor calling to tell me what an 'a$$hole' I was and that his wife will no longer bake me any more cookies....:D

Dont worry-I'll get my cookies....:p

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Glad they took care of ya, good customer service goes a long ways.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
glad to hear that you got it all squared away and that you caught a break for a change.
on a side note, let me know if you need a PCIII map for the tips. i have a few for different setups. feel free to PM your email addy if interested.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad to hear that you got it all squared away and that you caught a break for a change.
on a side note, let me know if you need a PCIII map for the tips. i have a few for different setups. feel free to PM your email addy if interested.
Thinks for the offer Windy! But I have not yet picked up a fuel manager. Not sure if I'm going with the pc3 or one of the other systems. Pushin more towards the pc3, so I'll definatly get a hold of you if and when I do

Thanks Bro:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Thinks for the offer Windy! But I have not yet picked up a fuel manager. Not sure if I'm going with the pc3 or one of the other systems. Pushin more towards the pc3, so I'll definatly get a hold of you if and when I do

Thanks Bro:bigthumbsup:
not a problem, it is here if you need it. the cobra fi1200 is a good system too. if you don't have a good dynojet authorized dyno near you and don't want to get into dropping extra $$$$ for advanced and custom tunes, then just go with the cobrafi1200. it is less expensive, does a great job, and is less hassle to dial in.

·
Registered
741 Posts
:congrats: on the Scorpion tips! I luv mine also...

I also had good service, when I dealt with Justin about a blinker replacement. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts