M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Schedule of events : VEGAS

Thursday: will be Meet and Greet at the bar in the hotel. Check in, relax, then come on down to the bar for some casual drinks, and eats. (looks like only two people coming in thursday)
Friday: "Meet and Greet hangover", meet in hotel bar untill 2:30 Site Seeing. We are also doing a ride down the strip at 8:30. If you want a DUI, go ahead and drink beforehand. Otherwise, play it safe.
Saturday: (from http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132173 )
8.30am round up for a 9.00am depature.

Our lead rider is BadApl.

Sly and Fixxer are running chase in a support vehicle and trailer.

1st stop is at the Hoover Dam on the Arizona side for a group photo.

It will take at least 3 hours to get from downtown to the Dam, then back across and out to Moapa for lunch. There is a National Park Checkpoint when you turn to go around Lake Mead. A $5 per bike fee is accessed at a toll booth. With a larger group of bikes rolling through I guarantee they will call the Park Rangers in the patrol SUV's and they will be watching the group closely, they have radar and are not shy on writing tickets. On average 5 sport bike riders die every year doing the lakeshore roads. The speed limit is 45 or 50 MPH so keep that in mind.

2nd Stop lunch break at Sugars in Moapa. Great burgers are the speciality.

Leaving Moapa back towards Valley of Fire there is no toll booths but on the way out North towards I-15 there is one, and everyone should plan on stopping and paying. I think it is $5-$10 per bike. The speed limit is 35MPH and I think and the Park Service Rangers run through there also.
We will head back into Vegas along the Strip.

3rd Stop is at the "Welcome to Vegas" sign

As it says really. I think some creative ideas would be welcomed for a group shot. We should at least do a Wives and Girlfriends in bikini top's photo! I know the Aussie Girls are bringing there bikini's for this photo, but we may need some volunteers to lend there bikes for the photo. I'm hoping that some of the other wives and girlfriends will also have a bit of fun and join in. Shelley will be in an Aussie flag Bikini top. Maybe we can get some ladies in a USA and Canadian flag Bikini.
And just so as we are clear, non of these girls (apart from Shelley :-*) is an 18yr old catwalk model. All are very keen to do this in support of this meet/event and add some photo's for our babes on bikes post. I will be very offended if I hear anyone say anything negative or tasteless now or at the time. I would actually hope we all encourage and respect that this is just a bit of fun and in good spirit.

From here we will all be heading back to soak up some pool time or beers and get ready for the evening dinner/party.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Rick and Shelley

after the ride, dinner with awards and give a ways to follow. Ladies'/Men's night out to follow

Sunday: Lazy day. Co-carts at 1:00pm. Biggs gun club at 3:00pm Many people want to ride some coasters. We will start the coaster hop at 5:00 pm. (moved from Friday)
Monday: open for ideas. most of us will be rolling out in the am
(Times are not set in stone, and may change with member input)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My Plane comes in around 7:00pm on thursday.:D
I leave Sunday Morning at 7am.:confused: ( there is time for sleep on the plane.)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My Plane comes in around 7:00pm on thursday.:D
I leave Sunday Morning at 7am.:confused: ( there is time for sleep on the plane.)
I think we all are obliged to make sure you get on that plane Ben...

No point heading to bed for a couple of hours

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just remember...I'm old! Be gentle.:eek::hot:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well after many a pms from all yous guys, I think we should move the coster rides to Sunday, that way we can relax after a long ride (for most of us) on Friday.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you guys can give me an approximate head count for the gun range I can start to get things organized , if not then we will just wing it and do the best we can for a " deal " . Obviously the more people going to the range the better the price is for ammo for all of us ... Sounds like 10 or more will get us the VIP range .....

·
xxx
210 Posts
If you guys can give me an approximate head count for the gun range I can start to get things organized , if not then we will just wing it and do the best we can for a " deal " . Obviously the more people going to the range the better the price is for ammo for all of us ... Sounds like 10 or more will get us the VIP range .....
I'm in for some range time. Haven't done full auto for a number of years.

Dan

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm in for some range time. Haven't done full auto for a number of years.

Dan
OK , not sure how to best organize this however since it is an event on it's own I would like to see if I can organize everyone to get together in the lobby at the Hooters hotel and maybe ride together to the range. I can let the range know an approximate number to be prepared for ( 10 , 15 , 20 people ) the day before or the morning of as they seem to have experience with larger groups...

I will be participating in most if not all the events scheduled by Rick ( Friday diner , Sat. ride , etc. ) so I can start to firm up a list at that time if needed ....

I just want to make sure we get a good deal and we don't say there will be five guys and have 50 show up ...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Definately 4 of us Kev.

Shelley, Tracey, Mel and Me

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Definately 4 of us Kev.

Shelley, Tracey, Mel and Me
OK , so we should be close to 10 without too much problem ... should be able to get a VIP range ....

I want to make sure it is a memorable and positive event for those who have never shot a firearm .... even though some people that may be there are experienced at " shooting loads " I still think the more the merrier as we can all hook up for a lunch or something afterwords to compare stories of putting more holes in the ceiling than on paper ...

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am sooooooooooooooo ready Chris!!!! see ya there

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
OK

printed out the schedule of events................

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
have a great time everyone :bigthumbsup:looking forward to pics

1 - 20 of 24 Posts